TPW delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeBAR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you asked your dealer for an update? Curious what event code you’re currently at. The chip hold event code is 4D00. My 2/7 TPW order has been sitting at 3800 since early last week, but my dealer told me that they’ve had cars hit the lot that never updated past 3800.
I did and they said it is showing "pending dispatch". They said it wasn't on chip hold. Palsapp said it was at Midlothian STRG which to me I assumed it was on chip hold so who knows. My dealer said it should be here soon as they got the invoice for my car already. I have a feeling it will show up there hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I wasn't given an updated event code though.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did and they said it is showing "pending dispatch". They said it wasn't on chip hold. Palsapp said it was at Midlothian STRG which to me I assumed it was on chip hold so who knows. My dealer said it should be here soon as they got the invoice for my car already. I have a feeling it will show up there hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I wasn't given an updated event code though.
The fact the dealer got an invoice is a good sign. Have you checked your dealers website to see if it’s showing up yet? Usually In Transit vehicles will automatically show up there.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
I did an inventory search on GMC website with the filters for my build and my car popped up in transit a few days after being built…..

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just got the invoice for my 2/7 TPW Yukon build and the estimated delivery date is 3/4 (Chicago area).
TPW 2/7
Built approx 2/16
Invoice received by dealer 2/22
ETA 3/4

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer called me today, and mine actually already shipped on 2/12, scheduled to arrive 2/23. so that was a pleasant surprise!
SLT 4x4 Premium package
Did yours arrive at the dealer yet? I noticed you're Chicagoland as well. What dealer are you working with?

Crzylgs

Reaction score
My dealer just got the invoice for my 2/7 TPW Yukon build and the estimated delivery date is 3/4 (Chicago area).
TPW 2/7
Built approx 2/16
Invoice received by dealer 2/22
ETA 3/4
Thanks for posting your timeline of events. I have a TPW 2/14 and hope to follow a similar path. No word on the vehicle being built yet.

If you don't mind, what did your order and with what packages?

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your timeline of events. I have a TPW 2/14 and hope to follow a similar path. No word on the vehicle being built yet.

If you don't mind, what did your order and with what packages?
This order is a 2022 GMC Yukon Denali, 3.0L Diesel, 22” wheels, pano roof, and retractable running boards. This is actually just a temporary vehicle for us until our fully loaded order can get pushed through. We originally ordered an Ultimate in May 2021, arrived in November 2021 as a 2022 with multiple paint issues so the dealer reordered for us. Doesn’t sound like we’ll see anything close to an Ultimate likely until the 2023 model year so we’re taking this one for now.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
This order is a 2022 GMC Yukon Denali, 3.0L Diesel, 22” wheels, pano roof, and retractable running boards. This is actually just a temporary vehicle for us until our fully loaded order can get pushed through. We originally ordered an Ultimate in May 2021, arrived in November 2021 as a 2022 with multiple paint issues so the dealer reordered for us. Doesn’t sound like we’ll see anything close to an Ultimate likely until the 2023 model year so we’re taking this one for now.
Sounds like a great temporary vehicle!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orders are being delayed at the plant for some unknown reason, my Yukon SLT with Luxury package and Max tow package had a TPW of 2/14 which of course has already passed and no production yet but still showing an event code of 3400

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did yours arrive at the dealer yet? I noticed you're Chicagoland as well. What dealer are you working with?
Spoke to the dealer this morning and it has not arrived yet. I'm working with Hove Buick GMC, they had no dealer mark up's and will honor GMS pricing. Everyone else I found in the Chicagoland area would not. (some were at msrp but no GMS) so that was an easy decision, and so far they have been fantastic to work with. Will most likely continue to buy from them in the future, as I despise some of these dealers around here ripping people off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut