TPW delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jvm29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Geeze my dealership is 15 minutes from the plant and the chat isn’t any help. One rep says it was accepted and one says it is not. My sales rep says no TPW as of last week. He told me I was #49 out of 193 orders.
I’m from that area as well. What dealer did you order from and when the order was placed?

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally ordered from Moritz and found out I was never getting the Tahoe since I had the rear media package and max towing on it. Went 3 weeks later to talk to them about financing since I am using my bank. Talk to the sales manager and found all that out and that is why we never got an order number. Walked out and went to Classic and ordered one. Never canceled the order with Moritz and still have never heard from them either.

Jvm29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Classic Chevrolet on Jan 25
Interesting.. I ordered a Denali from Classic earlier this month and got the order # same day. I also ordered from Sewell but never received the order number.

Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE--
Ordered my 2022 Yukon SLT on Dec 28 got order number 2 days later, dealer got allocation on Jan 24th (for Max Tow), GM accepted on Jan 26th with a TPW of 2/14, Yukon was produced yesterday 2/24, got VIN number today 2/25 and currently shows "Available to ship". :)

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
Here is some info on my order that some may find helpful:

Chevy Tahoe LT, Auburn Red, DMax, Luxury package and 20 inch wheels.

1/17/22 - Order placed with local dealer (South Caroina)
1/28/22 Event code 2000 - Order accepted by GM
2/4/22 Event code 3000 Order accepted by production control
2/25/22 Wasn't able to obtain event code but was told by GM Chat that I have a target production week of March 21

Fingers crossed that the updates are accurate and things go as planned.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. I ordered a Denali from Classic earlier this month and got the order # same day. I also ordered from Sewell but never received the order number.
I got my order number. But the day we placed it he put a 2021 instead of 2022 so they had to redo it. When I do the Chevrolet chat two reps have said it got accepted and 2 said it hasn’t. My salesman just says not TPW yet.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody higher up at GM needs to take the reins of these "chat advisors" and train them. I can't even imagine how many buyers these advisors have run off to purchase another brand of vehicle because of their incompetence. Day before yesterday I called GMC customer service on the phone, got hold of a nice advisor who got hold of production and told me that the TPW of 2/14 was scheduled but had not been built that week but was definitely scheduled for production this week, so couple of hours later I went to the "chat" online and asked for an update and a VIN number and was told they don't give out VIN numbers and proceeded to end the chat, so I waited a few more hours and went to the chat again and that advisor proceeded to tell me all she had was the TPW of 2/14 and that was it. This morning I called on the phone again to GMC customer service and got hold of another nice lady who checked with production, came back told me the Yukon had been produced yesterday and offered to give me the VIN number, which of course I gladly accepted, so don't believe anything online chat tells you!

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we just hit 3300 status and the TPW is holding at 3/7. I am crossing my fingers it gets built next week with no further delays.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and changed the ultimate package for the reserve. We also removed all the LPO options as well seeing as we can add those after the fact or I can buy aftermarket and install them. He's now hopeful that this will get my truck picked up so fingers crossed.
What does LPO stand for? Looks like dealer-installed options on my order (illumination and interior protection packages). Thinking I’d rather delete those before order is accepted).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby