Tranny Cooler Fan??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to send you the following PM, but just signed up and do not have that privilege.

I was checking out your post on the auxiliary fan for your transmission cooler. I bought the same fan, and harness, for my A/C condenser. I am curious where exactly to hook up the wires. I would like the fan to come on auto when the AC compressor kicks on. Any thoughts? Would you mind emailing me? I signed up to this forum just to PM you, of course, I can start contributing now as I have done a lot of fixes on my Tahoe. I bought it new 11 years and 160k miles ago!

2001 Tahoe 5.3L
LT 4wd

Thanks!
Paul
[email protected]

All you have to do is hook it all up like i did for my trans cooler fan install except for the wire that I ran into the cab for the switch you will want to find the A/C wire in the engine compartment and tap into it for the trigger power instead of the switch!! That way every time you turn on your A/C, the fan will turn on at the same time!! Check this link out and go to my post #34 and take a look at the last pic of the 5 to see how I tapped into my A/C trigger wire for my electric fans, this would work perfect for your application!! http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9400&page=10

There were 3 green wires within that bundle that were green, so I took a multimeter to each one to find the one that had power only when the A/C was on!! One had power all the time, no matter what, the second one never had power, and the 3rd and correct one only activated when the AC was on (that's the one you need!!).

Are you using the fan just for your A/C?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1