Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After months of waiting, I finally received my 2015.5 denali last month. I enjoyed it for about 4 weeks and now it's been in the shop for 2 weeks. It was making a whining noise during acceleration. The dealer has assessed it and says that the transmission has gone bad and can't be fixed. They are recommending it be replaced. In addition, the Onstar stopped working and the park assist was alerting at odd times. They want to replace the Onstar. They haven't found the issue yet with the park assist. Needless to say, I've been pretty upset about this whole ordeal. It was bad enough I had to wait about 5 months for the truck, now I have to deal with this crap. I really don't want to get it fixed. I've spoken to GM customer service and they basically said it's their policy to try and fix it. I told them I wanted a new car instead and wouldn't be happy if they just repaired it. She's going to call the service CEM and then get back to me.
Has anyone had any issues such as mine? Any recommendation on how I can get them to replace the car and not just fix it?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could speak to the GM at the dealer. I beleive some have had theirs replaced depending on the dealer. If not you will have to wait and see if you meet the Lemon Law standards for your state depending on the repair attempts and number of days out of service. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms