transmission nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l306x

Reaction score
so I got a 03 Yukon Denali that was in a light crash I got the damage fixed and started to drive it ans noticed that the transmission had a 2-3 ans 3-4 flare (trans slips, engine revs between gears) took it to a transmission shop was told it needs a rebuild so I pulled it out and had it rebuilt ....it still had the flare. called the trans guy he told me to bring it over and he would look at it . he pulled it looked it over reinstalled and it still has the flare ANY IDEAS?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:word: I'd find a new transmission guy :shrug:

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
he told me he is going to make it right so the trans is out for the 3ed time. any ideas WTF the flare if from?

Last edited:

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he might be using the same old parts?? ask him to see the parts he replaced

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
he put new parts in it he had a box of the old stuff. i just dont understand what the flare is from.....low line pressure?

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the damage in the accident? Have you had it scanned for codes?

From a mechanical standpoint, it's very unlikely that both the 2-3 and 3-4 would would have this problem at the same time. Two separate hydraulic circuits. I'm thinking it's an electrical issue... if you have access to a Fluke 88 meter, check the continuity of each pin of the harness at both the trans and at the PCM. Check the ground wires to make sure they were not damaged or left unhooked.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that had this problem with the 4l60 in his camaro. He put a stall in and after that it wouldn't make the 2-3 shift without slipping. Wound up being the pump in the transmission.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
the yukon rear ended a snow plow last winter so I replaced the LH fender hood bumper and grill the driver air bag was replaced too. It has no codes.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

do transmission codes set the service engine soon light? I had the codes pulled at the auto parts store and it had none

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx