Transmission problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
mine has a 140K+ and i just had the same problem. brought back flashbacks when i read it. i had to throw down $1220 to get my trans rebuilt but it runs like a champ now!! it hurts the pockets but its worth it.

Nappers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Third and fourth gear clutches are shot.

I bought a rebuilt tranny from Ebay that Ronnie Smith Transmissions sold for 925 out the door with no core. Shifts like a dream and got 2mpg better. They use new rebuild kits from GM with updated parts such as sunshell, 3rd, 4th gear cluthces etc. They told me they already have the vetter server in them. It also come with rebuilt torque converter.

I installed myself on a gravel driveway, fun!

They are on ebay last I looked or they have their own site, great guys to work with and they dyno every tranny to make sure they function. They told me it's basically a 4L65E in a 4L60E case.....

daniel51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My transmission in my 06 Tahoe just started yesterday at 170+ miles on it. it was fine all day and then it just started slipping really bad first gear is fine second slips but not bad when i let off the gas it will finally shift into 3rd but after that it wont go no further. it runs 4k rpm at 60 maybe higher what can i do to fix it without having to rebuild my trans or buy a new one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES