Turbo Kit ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Does anyone make a Bolt on Turbo kit for a 95 TBI 350 Tahoe ( mine!)???

Would like to add boost .

Just checking my options.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would doubt that there is anything currently made for that engine intake style.

The Banks, twin turbo’s are a bolt on system for a small block chev, but first you would have to go through the engine, getting ready for it. It also requires a “4150 intake manifold with port injection. They also require a stand alone ECM to control the fuel / spark.

Vortech did make a specific kit for the throttle body engine, that included a block with two additional injectors that went between the T/B and the manifold. They also had a “black box” to control the additional injectors so no changes were needed for the OEM OB D-1.

If you could find one of the old Vortech S/C kits, that would be the most economical way to “get er done”.

OP
OP
TIM Z

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Cool, yeah im finding the TBI is a limiting factor!

Your setup is badass!

I am just looking for max fun from this TBI motor. Dont want to spend tons of money on it.Just a daily driver.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i dont think turbos would be in your budget then.. dont even ask Twinturbo how much he spent :) lol bump it up to a 383 and supercharge it, basically the best option besides blowing money into turbos..

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks,

It will probably take a S/C to satisfy your “need for speed”, with the Duramax diesel in the next stall.

I had the Vortech on my 95, B4 the turbo’s. It was awesome. There must be some of those kits out there somewhere. If you find one, be sure it includes the injector block and the “black box”.

They just T’d the fuel lines that fed the stock injectors. No need for additional fuel pump. :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I want my supercharger back :(

Hey twinturbo man, do you ever recall your 1/4 times with the old SC? any good advice about those vortechs? What about procharger? have any experience with them or advice about em>

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that any of the main brand S/C’s out there are going to make you happy.

The trick is, to find a kit that includes the hardware to add additional fuel to make it go.

Not many stock ECM’s can deal with a two or three bar MAP sensor. So, unless the kit has some way to figure out the fuel needed, it can become a problem.

That is how I ended up with Electromotive. I started with a Tec II. That was a direct result of getting pissed off at a “Tuner” that was making changes to my OBD1. I was making so many trips back and forth to his shop to have changes made to the program, I figured I might as well do it myself.

There are lots of options now for OBD2, but not so many for the older ECM as you know.

As far as ¼ mile times, I never raced the Hoe with the S/C. It was just the tow vehicle for the Z28. After the twins were installed, I would unhook it from the trailer once in a while and try it. Something would always go wrong, so I never had a “clean” run. The best it did was mid 12’s at a 110. I blew the trans on the next run, and have not had a chance to get back to the track since the 4L80e took the place of the 4L60.

I may sell the Z28 and concentrate on the Tahoe this year, not sure, have to wait and see. The Tahoe is more fun, because nobody expects it to go like it does. The Z is a couple of hundredths from breaking into the 10’s, but as soon as it does, they have more rules for safety to comply with. :emotions122:

justin146

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could always go blowthrough (carb). Your EFI setup is the limiting factor. I have seen a few 5.3/lsx swap turbo setups on your style truck though. If you are going to do a new EFI system, you may as well do a 5.3 swap. Heck, even a 4.8 can make alot of power with a turbo (~400whp at 6psi). There is a guy theturboforums making over 700whp with a cam swapped 4.8 and an 88mm turbo.

I have a turbocharged AWD 5.0 Explorer :) My Tahoe is what I tow it to the track with.

OP
OP
TIM Z

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Oh yeah the LS/GEN III engines are the way to go, they are awesome.

Thanks For the info 95TwinT. Your Tahoe is bad as hell . That motor/setup is one of the nicest ive seen!

I also like the " Surprise" of driving a big vehicle that hauls ass, people are like " Holy shit i got beat bye a truck!"

I have a problem, i mod every thing i have!

After selling my Turbo Z71, ive been wanting another Turbo'ed Gasser!

The Duramax is in the mid 12's, so i'm happy with that.

I bought this Tahoe for a " beater" but ended up fixing it up and i cant stop!

Really want to buy a 67 Nova and put a Twin turbo LS1/LS2 in it, so im trying not to spend too much money on my Tahoe.

But I hate driving a stock, unboosted Vehicle. It feels like a slug. But does run nice for stock.

So i was hoping to find an easy Forced induction setup for This daily driver.

But if im gonna do it i guess im just going to swap in a late model 5.3/ or 6.0 .

I have an addiction!!! I cant stop modding!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timmytom