Unlock navigation while in motion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckirbyjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyway or setting/device to unlock the navigation system while in motion on a 2009 tahoe

bass29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your getting directly from the dealership then no it won't work that way but if you get this product then it will work. I looked at all the video they displayed and read the comments people say and I like it. Take a look:http://www.coastaletech.com/

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK if this is the same, but my mom has a 2009 Lexus and I took it to car audio guy and he by passed the stock navi now we watch dvd and use navi in motiion

Snomon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a lockpick and it worked excellant. The poor man's method is to find the posts on the web on how to put in a switch to cut off the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) signal to the deck. Essentially you have to trick the system to think you are not moving.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Beware of the new technology they have now where the poor man's method of using the VSS switch by-pass will not work. They are now installing the same technology that the IPhones have when you rotate the phone. If the radio senses any movement via this, it will not operate. (I think its called Pendulum technology but correct me if I'm wrong)

-E

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vss

on several forums the VSS trick does work. on a Suburban I think it was... 08?

Yes the could / should just tie it to the GPS since that can tell you MPH, but for some reason... they dont... I guess because wheels speed is a pretty good MPH signal...

when the voice command issues w/my factory sat nav are worked out by GM (7 months no fix) I will add a VSS wire switch.

I'd like to know where the other end of that wire is so I don't have to pull the head unit to add it...

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lock pick is pretty much your only option if it is a newer model. Also the lockpick can be disabled by a GM upgrade.

5.0 ver allows you to enter saved or favorite waypoints while moving, or anything if you are less than 5mph. It also lets you scroll through XM categories. I heard lockpick has issues with the newer disks.

Also GM has a bulletin out warning dealers of lockpicks for the NAV or IPOD. They will see if you have lockpick installed if you have various other issues such as drivability, hard starting, etc. At least the IPOD lockpick is just behind the glovebox and can be removed before the dealer.

dan_man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Gen 5 Lockpick for Nav/DVD unlocking, as well as the Ipod Lockpick. Both work well, but the Ipod is a little squirrelly when it comes to choosing between sources an choosing playlists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby