Washing your truck-What do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kitester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i read a study from the univ of texas showing that handwashing was worse than running it through an automated car wash. dont see how this is possible. especially if you stick to using MF rags/mits and good products.

I have been using MC fiber towels I get at Target. But it does not matter what you use if the dirt/grit comes in contact with the paint. It will cause very small scratches. Over time they add up and the paint becomes dull. And, if you think about it soap and water is supposed to cut wax, grease, oils and any other type of protective lubrication. Every time you run the soapy rag across the surface of your paint it drags the grit right on the paint. For the past three years I have been using an acrylic polymer wash on all my cars. If you have regular dirt (not off road mud) it works great. The wash provides lubrication and the acrylic is harder than wax. I also use a synthetic clay bar about once every 6 months to a year. It makes the paint so slick it almost feels wet. The brand I use also has high UV protection.

ndavis0001

Davis Motorsports
Reaction score
should hook to the end of your pressure washer, not air compressor. they are called foam lances (cannons) and are the greatest thing made by man, other than fake ****!

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

just another quickie but for you guys having problems with the dirt and scratched remember to washthe car from the top down. roof window hood side windows etc... til you get to the bottom.
majority of dirt comes from below so letting as much rinse and soap ********* it from run down almost assures it willbe broken up enough not to cause too much damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx