went out and took quick pics..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
heres a bunch, i doubt any of them are worth keeping, but i figured i needed to practice with my camera and figure out a time when is best for taking pics. Because the time difference has alot to do with the color of my truck..

So anyways, when i was flexing on the little dirt hump shit, i pulled off the hill and started to drive away. When i was cornering going 5 mph, i feel like a bucking from the rear. so i open my door while i drove. the axle was bucking when turning the wheel almost like 1 live axle and it didnt like sharp turns. So i played around with it driving back and fourth and put it in reverse and cut the wheel, then i hear this clunk noise and it "popped' back in i guess you could say.. now its fine.. wth was that about!!?? idk but she did a nice burnout after that happend.. hahah

See the little deer in the background.. ooh just how so cute! lol

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea your telling me. it was like skipping off the ground sort off. i wish i woulda videoed it while i had it with me. its hard to explain but im hoping someone has an answer.. dont feel like replacing the rearend yet, but it does need to be done :)

Im gunna smoke my corners tomorrow.. i hate the white

Last edited:

inkadink

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what type rear do you have in your truck? open or limited slip or? Did you witness the inside wheel actually hopping and not rotating while you were driving/turning?

I had a friend who broke something off inside his axel housing (pumpkin) and that piece of metal worked it's way up into his spider gears and would temporarily create a locked axel like it was a solid axel. The inside rear wheel would hop when this happened around corners. Very wierd I know and unlikely but I thought I would mention it.

Unless I am way off base in understanding what you described above or you found out what it is, I would take off the axel cover and have a look around inside to see what is going on. It should only take a hour to do it and put it back on.

I suppose it could be some freak brake issue too if the wheel was locked.

The best of luck figuring out what happened. Post back what you find cause I am curious to know. P.S.,, Nice truck ;)

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird? Pics look sharp!

B O S S

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what type rear do you have in your truck? open or limited slip or? Did you witness the inside wheel actually hopping and not rotating while you were driving/turning?

I had a friend who broke something off inside his axel housing (pumpkin) and that piece of metal worked it's way up into his spider gears and would temporarily create a locked axel like it was a solid axel. The inside rear wheel would hop when this happened around corners. Very wierd I know and unlikely but I thought I would mention it.

Unless I am way off base in understanding what you described above or you found out what it is, I would take off the axel cover and have a look around inside to see what is going on. It should only take a hour to do it and put it back on.

I suppose it could be some freak brake issue too if the wheel was locked.

The best of luck figuring out what happened. Post back what you find cause I am curious to know. P.S.,, Nice truck ;)

thanks for the comment.nothing with the brakes.. i think it had to do with the limited slip carrier. i think the float might of stuck and was making it posi. it should be alrite. i just changed the fluid and such.. i guess well see what happens.. lol

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Weird? Pics look sharp!

B O S S

Thanks boss man.. i do what i can

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck looks sweet! but imo BIGGER WHEELS LESS TIRE!!!! lol other then that it looks awsome

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree on the pic showing the ass end and left side of the vehicle. looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper