What am I doing wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be old school, but it’s a habit I got into before they had VOBS or buttons on the outside of the vehicle to lock it.

Even now, it’s still easier to hit the button the the way out than it is to pull the VOB out of my pocket or turn around after I’ve shut the door and hit the button on the outside.
I don’t think I’ve ever in my life locked the doors on a vehicle that way when getting out. Probably cause I’m used to 80’s/90’s vw ghetto tech where you cannot lock the driver door when it’s open. Must insert key to lock. These days it’s fob or leave it unlocked

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With mine you have to hold the fob button for at least 1 sec to fold the mirrors. Try holding the lock button a tad longer.

OP
OP
P

prettySUV01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The suggestion to hold the lock an extra second seemed reasonable so we tried it today. Made no difference, sometimes mirrors fold sometimes not.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When using the fob, hold down the lock button an extra second or two
Holding the fob to fold/unfold the mirrors was a feature on the older models. The new models have a setting in the vehicle settings that allow you to have the mirrors fold/unfold when you hit the lock/unlock button on the fob or the passive lock/unlock button on the door handle, no need to hold either button. I really like this feature as you were not able to use the passive button on the older models and get the mirrors to fold/unfold.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suggestion to hold the lock an extra second seemed reasonable so we tried it today. Made no difference, sometimes mirrors fold sometimes not.
If you have the auto fold enabled on the infotainment screen, and hitting the button on the (outside) door handle, or the lock button on the FOB doesn't always fold the mirrors, you need to go to the dealer and report it as a warranty issue. Way I read the owners manual, that setting on, mirrors fold when locking the car.

Check the owners manual under "Folding Mirrors":
1651690905973.png
1651691129635.png

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the auto fold enabled on the infotainment screen, and hitting the button on the (outside) door handle, or the lock button on the FOB doesn't always fold the mirrors, you need to go to the dealer and report it as a warranty issue. Way I read the owners manual, that setting on, mirrors fold when locking the car.

Check the owners manual under "Folding Mirrors":
View attachment 369589
View attachment 369590
Ok, this is an error in the owners manual. I just went out to my vehicle and tested.

Setting of Concern is Settings -> Vehicle -> Comfort and Convenience -> Remote Mirror Folding

if this setting is OFF,
with the vehicle off:
Pressing Lock on key fob, or Holding Lock on key fob, or Pressing the Lock Button on the outside door handle, or pressing the lock button on the inside of the door all DO NOT fold the mirrors.

if this setting is ON
with the vehicle off:
Pressing Lock on the Key fob locks the doors and folds mirrors
Pressing button on outside door handle locks the doors and folds the mirrors
Pressing the lock button on the inside door panel does not fold the mirrors

Above is true for pressing Unlock, just that the mirrors unfold instead of fold.

with the vehicle on:
Mirrors do not fold with pressing outside door handle button, lock on the fob, or inside door lock button.
They will fold by pressing the mirror fold button on the inside door panel.

I did not test the walk away lock feature, as I do not use this.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had our lock when you walk away turned on for a bit and the mirrors folded every time. A simple quick push of the fob button or door button does it too. There’s no holding down buttons for seconds required

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL