What am I doing wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fold with lock on fob and if I push button on door handle. Never fails….
Do they fold in when you hit the lock button on the INSIDE of the door when you are on you way out of the vehicle? I believe (I could be wrong) that’s what the OP was referring to.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No... what would be the reason for that? If they do... that's a malfunction....

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Do they fold in when you hit the lock button on the INSIDE of the door when you are on you way out of the vehicle? I believe (I could be wrong) that’s what the OP was referring to.
who locks their car from the inside door button when they are exiting the car?

aren't you supposed to lock your car once you close the door, not before closing it?

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fold with lock on fob and if I push button on door handle. Never fails….
Same here. They fold in and out when I lock and unlock with the fob and also fold in and out when I lock and unlock with the door handle.

Matz

Reaction score
Will these mirrors fold in by pushing the button on the door and still moving? As in going into a 9' wide door of a garage. Thank you.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who locks their car from the inside door button when they are exiting the car?

aren't you supposed to lock your car once you close the door, not before closing it?
I may be old school, but it’s a habit I got into before they had VOBS or buttons on the outside of the vehicle to lock it.

Even now, it’s still easier to hit the button the the way out than it is to pull the VOB out of my pocket or turn around after I’ve shut the door and hit the button on the outside.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be old school, but it’s a habit I got into before they had VOBS or buttons on the outside of the vehicle to lock it.

Even now, it’s still easier to hit the button the the way out than it is to pull the VOB out of my pocket or turn around after I’ve shut the door and hit the button on the outside.
That was the only way to lock the doors besides inserting the key into the lock on the outside of the door after getting out, it's only been 10 years or so that I've had vehicles with key fobs.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fold every time with the remote and when I press the buttons outside the door. If you’re locking from inside the car, isn’t it just easier to hit the mirror fold button too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL