What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s an issue with your model year there should be a YouTube on how to repair or a Goggle search.

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s an issue with your model year there should be a YouTube on how to repair or a Goggle search.
You have to replace the seat back. It either stretches out the plastic tabs that hold it on or breaks the bend on the end of the tab off.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a 2015? It seems to be a pretty common problem, my 14 sierra had the same problem. I put newer model seats in it that don't have that hard back piece.
Yup, 2015 Yukon. Something def seems broken tab/clip wise. When I get it back in place the bottom carpeted part is never flush. The passenger side, pic attached, is flush at the bottom. IMG_0738.jpeg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil. My wife can DRIVE! It seems like I just changed (because I probably did). 155k and still moving along.

This girl will never be a low mile garage queen......we are way past that. Now it's the 'how many miles can we put on it' game.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the stock Denali grill for a black one today. This was a pretty cheap one from AMZ ($170 or so delivered), but everything lined up nicely. Couple hours and 2 beers. I actually like it with the stock red emblem. Slowly de-chroming, but it was too humid to paint today. Mods keep me busy...

Attachments

• 20240721_175411.jpg
    20240721_175411.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240621_185907.jpg
    20240621_185907.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 5

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that's why I got newer version of the seats.
I saw a couple cool ideas on YT for a zip tie fix.
Swapped out the stock Denali grill for a black one today. This was a pretty cheap one from AMZ ($170 or so delivered), but everything lined up nicely. Couple hours and 2 beers. I actually like it with the stock red emblem. Slowly de-chroming, but it was too humid to paint today. Mods keep me busy...
How much disassembly is required. I’m going to do this before summer is over. I got wrap for the window frames and fog lights but may go with painting instead. If I paint a grill I’ll probobly paint, but with a grill like yours I think wrapping might be more uniform.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple cool ideas on YT for a zip tie fix.

How much disassembly is required. I’m going to do this before summer is over. I got wrap for the window frames and fog lights but may go with painting instead. If I paint a grill I’ll probobly paint, but with a grill like yours I think wrapping might be more uniform.
it wasn't hard. Had to pull the whole front bumper cover. 6 screws and 6 pins on top, 7 screws around each wheel well, and 8 screws and 2 pins on bottom plus a couple tabs. I had all the fasteners out in about 20 minutes (just have a 10mm, 7mm, and t15 ready to go), then pushed out clips for another 20 minutes. The damn connector for the fog/front sensors gave me more hell than anything. Swapping the actual grill and emblem was another 15 min or so just popping tabs. I plan to use hyper dip piano black for the fogs surrounds and door/rear moldings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FBlanco