What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff!
Also impressed you were able to get the pan off without removing the exhaust.
Yeah dude it was a relief to not have to take that exhaust apart haha, I bought the gaskets just incase but it worked the way I figured it would.
I used a vacuum pump and pulled everything out but 1.5 quarts and that allowed me to tilt the pan enough to get it out.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up with about half tank of E85 for first time. I had something called regular 88?? In VA once. Only 2 stations near me in NJ have E85, 1 is at the airport and they charge basically premium prices. Power Gas in East Orange has it for 3.05 today. I’ll see if she likes it through the week.
About thru half the tank and the gas mileage drop is real. Doesn’t seem cost effective with E85 and regular being so close in price. I’ll probably run a tank every now and then for the cleaning properties.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real value in e85 if it isn't cheaper is for almost entirely eliminating any possibility of knock. If you know you're going to beat on it, especially in the heat, then fill up with e85. Hopefully in the near future I'll add the ability to run it on my 2015 and get my tune updated.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
About thru half the tank and the gas mileage drop is real. Doesn’t seem cost effective with E85 and regular being so close in price. I’ll probably run a tank every now and then for the cleaning properties.

True, there needs to be a decent price differential to compensate for the decrease in mpg if the cost is in the calculation. My usual E85 station (Maverik) just raised the price of E85 (E70, in reality) from $2.79 to $3.05, while regular 85 octane E10 is $3.14. That makes 91 octane a better deal at $3.74, with 89 octane in between those prices at $3.34.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, there needs to be a decent price differential to compensate for the decrease in mpg if the cost is in the calculation. My usual E85 station (Maverik) just raised the price of E85 (E70, in reality) from $2.79 to $3.05, while regular 85 octane E10 is $3.14. That makes 91 octane a better deal at $3.74, with 89 octane in between those prices at $3.34.
The gap between regular 87 octane and 91/93 octane has dropped a bit as well. Used to be easily a dollar a gallon difference. I’m gonna try and use the rest of the tank for city driving and see how bad it drops there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy