What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
From that pic, it looks like the shocks would be an easy install. On your sway bar, I am assuming it is aftermarket since its red, do these trucks just come with a thinner one from the factory? If so, how is your aftermarket one? do you like the results from it? Sorry for the ignorance of the set up, I have auto ride so I dont even bother looking under mine. I want to rip it out one day.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
hey max how's the ride with the new shocks ?

also lmk on shorter sway bar links im thinking i may need this also

Rides great, the stiffer valving made a good bit of difference with these new coils it really soaks up the big ass potholes and bumps now.

From that pic, it looks like the shocks would be an easy install. On your sway bar, I am assuming it is aftermarket since its red, do these trucks just come with a thinner one from the factory? If so, how is your aftermarket one? do you like the results from it? Sorry for the ignorance of the set up, I have auto ride so I dont even bother looking under mine. I want to rip it out one day.

Shocks were kind of a pita since they have such a strong charge it was a ***** to compress them. My sway bar is an eibach, significantly bigger than stock and made a big difference in handling on this big *****. I used to have autoride on my truck as well, been about 1 year since I pitched everything.

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gf and I installed her new front brakes, ATE slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads. Took us about 3.5 hours to explain everything to her and change the front brakes with hand tools, including a run to the local Checkers for some tools and a torch and a stop at Jimmy Johns for lunch. Just finished bedding them in and it stops great!

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Alpine Iva-w505 came in today so I got to figure a way to fit the DD Alpine in my 02 tahoe, fun, fun, fun.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Rides great, the stiffer valving made a good bit of difference with these new coils it really soaks up the big ass potholes and bumps now.

Shocks were kind of a pita since they have such a strong charge it was a ***** to compress them. My sway bar is an eibach, significantly bigger than stock and made a big difference in handling on this big *****. I used to have autoride on my truck as well, been about 1 year since I pitched everything.

any chance there is a write up on how you or someone did that. I researched this and found a guy that found a way to override the message and put in aftermarket shocks but it was on a 2500. Maybe its the same.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Not too difficult, remove old shock using a 13/16 ratchet/box end and reinstall new shocks, these ones I installed were just really stiff due to the 255/70 valving.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
installing DJM coils and DJM rear shocks tonight, should ride a whole lot better!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it inspected. and tinting monday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts