What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Getting ready to move, so we are thinning the herd. I will get something new once we have moved.

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my serp and a/c belts.
Took it for a ride and somebody asked me if my wheels were 26's.....made me feel good for a minute until I thought how much better I would have felt if could have answered YES!

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things I did this weekend.

1.Removed the Onstar antenna from the third row window
2.Removed the SLT from both sides
3.Had 5% tint put on the back three windows and legal on the front two
4.Previous owner replaced driver side mirror with a chrome covered mirror, so I took the cover off removed the chrome tape and painted it white to match the passenger side

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a sneak attack High-4 Mod on my GF's Tahoe woOt . . . used the DIY and it was cake, easiest truck mod ever

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Got a 2/3 drop with nitro 2 shocks instead of getting shock extenders and hope it improves my ride quality with the 22s

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
repainting my chevy bowtie today..

going to see if I can get rid of some of the orange peel from before and then finally add a clear to it :)

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my intake tube off, took some measurements for a DIY tube, and put the stock tube back on.

Anyone ever build one? I have for my Buick with some PVC elbows and a coupler and hope I can do the same for the truck...

4410903911_42850ace21_b.jpg

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever build one? I have for my Buick with some PVC elbows and a coupler and hope I can do the same for the truck...

4410903911_42850ace21_b.jpg

based on what you can find here, you can slap a 4" filter (K&N, etc., anything at your local parts store) right on the MAF where the airbox used to be. This is probably the easiest way to build an open element short ram intake. Pros: super easy, cheap, no water danger, sounds good at WOT, better throttle response. Cons: potentially sucks in warm air, so by itself isn't going to help your peak HP numbers or anything, if you get a filter that needs oil, it could kill your MAF, get a dryflow

A step further might be an ebay intake for around $100 that puts a silicon elbow on the throttle body and has a large diameter straight tube with MAF adapter. These are still usually SRI style, not CAI style into the fender, but they are a straight smooth, large diameter tube and replace the weird stock plastic baffling under the hood. Pros: better than a filter on the MAF, still cheap. Cons: warm air problem again, and if you go ebay, make sure the filter is legit, or it can mess you up.

Final and WORST option: take your wallet, shove it up nethers, crap out a bunch of money, and buy a name brand "intake" and have a "professional" install it. You can replicate/improve-upon pretty much any intake design for under $100 if you work smart.

IMHO the best solution is some sort of ebay/homebrew combo, perhaps ebay tubing with a good filter in the engine bay with some sort of heatsheild (I've heard mini-kegs work great . . .). I would never recommend paying the ridiculous ticket price for the major brand intake systems. A pipe is a pipe is a pipe I say, do it yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts