What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off at trans shop for trans service and cooler install.

* Shop just called and said I have the factory trans cooler. I'm such a knucklehead, don't know how I missed that! Is that an option with the tow package? Oh well, saved me some $$$ and I'm happy with that! :)

If you do much in the way of towing, I'd still replace the stock trans cooler (it's actually super small) and get a trans shop to put a bigger one in! Made a huge difference on my denali by doing so when pulling our old toyhauler!

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Swapped the brake booster out and put hydroboost in the white beater. I couldn't stand the crappy breaking.
When i took the 6.0 out of the Escalade I took the hydroboost unit out also knowing i would this, it was very VERY easy. Took the power steering pump and bracket off the 6.0 and changed the booster unit. it all fit with ease, The only problem was one bolt hole was off and had to move it.
I used all the hoses off the Escalade, there are a few more off the pump. I think 4 in total.

Anyone thinking of doing this , I highly recomend it. and ease.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Did the dimmer switch on the lade. Question anyone know why the brakes would be soft sometimes then hard other on them. Has abs light on. Betting it's master cylinder but might be abs related idk I'll put a scanner in when I get a chance

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke out the shop vac and cleaned the interior. Cleaned all the leaves out of the door jams and engine bay. Took the 3rd row and put a floor mat in. conditioned all the leather.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Did the dimmer switch on the lade. Question anyone know why the brakes would be soft sometimes then hard other on them. Has abs light on. Betting it's master cylinder but might be abs related idk I'll put a scanner in when I get a chance
Air in the lines wood do it or low power steering fluid. Have you changed the power steering fluid? But I wouldn't rule out the matercyilinder.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a good 1133 miles on her driving from NY to Florida, now getting ready to drive the 2min to Seaworld from the timeshare with the kids. My little guy is soo excited he loves Dolphins.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Put a good 1133 miles on her driving from NY to Florida, now getting ready to drive the 2min to Seaworld from the timeshare with the kids. My little guy is soo excited he loves Dolphins.
How was the miliage driving there ! Have you calculated what you spent to get there ?

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got fed up with the leak I've had in the roof for the last few years and tore apart the headliner to track it down. Traced it back to a bolt in the roof. Pulled it, coated it in threadlock and re-tightened it. Gotta wait till the next big storm to see if it's atually sealed up.

It was the bolt pictured here. Anyone else have this problem? Or know where the water could be getting in? Sunroof maybe?

2015-11-09 09.25.18.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simpleman76667