What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all kind of a bastardized deal, lol. The supercharger is off a Shelby gt500. You can find them pretty cheap because the Mustang guys upgrade to bigger ones. I'm using a Magnuson manifold with a top plate that I'm making. I have about $500 in it so far. A guy I work with just did a lot of upgrades on his Cts-v, and he's giving me his stock balancer and injectors. The cts balancer has a 10 rib blower pulley, so I'm going to position the blower out far enough (or go to a different offset blower pulley) so that it has its own 10 rib drive and I'll still have the stock accessory drive on my 5.3. There's no room for an intercooler right now, I've thought about just running meth injection. I do have an intercooler, and a lot of phenolic material, so I may make a spacer to move the top plate up so the intercooler will fit inside. It's all just mocking up right now.

In the long run it might cost more than just buying a kit, but I doubt it as most of them new are around $5-$6k. I just wanted to see if I could build it myself. :)

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my DDM ballasts and relay harness with the Morimoto XB35 ballasts and harness in preparation for my true retrofit (waiting on the adapter plates for the Mini H1). While I had everything torn apart, I jerry-rigged the bare MH1s and test-fired them against my current projectors. Wow, what a difference, that cutoff is gorgeous and the whole beam is so much brighter. Can't wait to complete the build.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Washed and waxed it and drove it to the gas station just to fill it up with the $1.97 a gallon we have here in Mn.

Jiggy-J

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove from Orlando to Bradenton with the family to my friends house to stay for a couple days and then off to Melbourne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simpleman76667