What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Who said the Spectre isn't cleanable? Mine had cleaning instructions right on the box. Just had to get their cleaning/recharge kit. It's the same as the K&N only not as expensive. Here's a link to the one I have. As you can see, it's definitely advertised as washable and reusable.
http://www.spectreperformance.com/search/product.aspx?prod=9732

View attachment 66845
I heard it was cleanable also .Went to my nearest parts store to inquire about a cleaning kit but they couldn't find one lusted, so they said. I asked about the k+n cleaning kit, if it could be substituted , but they couldn't give me a definitive answer, so I said screw it! I had gotten the spectre for free anyway so I sold it cheap and called it a day.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard it was cleanable also .Went to my nearest parts store to inquire about a cleaning kit but they couldn't find one lusted, so they said. I asked about the k+n cleaning kit, if it could be substituted , but they couldn't give me a definitive answer, so I said screw it! I had gotten the spectre for free anyway so I sold it cheap and called it a day.
O'Reilly's and AutoZone both sell the kits here.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's that any easier than cleaning and oiling a Spectre or K&N other than you don't spray oil on it? Which takes about 15 seconds LOL?

If you clean the filter often like i do it takes all of five minutes and place it on the shelf to dry and there is no need to buy cleaner and oil. I never said it was easier.

And with a dry filter you remove the chance of the oil fouling up the MAF.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you clean the filter often like i do it takes all of five minutes and place it on the shelf to dry and there is no need to buy cleaner and oil. I never said it was easier.

And with a dry filter you remove the chance of the oil fouling up the MAF.
I see. I've never fouled the MAF but I do make sure to not over-oil it.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 7 years the hitch got a needed facelift and rebuild.

New BOLT LOCK keyed to my ignition key, sand blast and heavy Powder Coat, new solid stainless steel Convert-A-Ball setup top and bottom.

IMG_7957.JPG

IMG_7959.JPG

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a white overlay on Ebay for $36 shipped and installed it a few days ago, I moved some led's around to try to get the best lighting... I had to get some red needles and I wasn't feeling the all white overlay so I cut and added the stock black overlay to the top of the cluster.
I almost got the led's exactly how I want them, one more try and I will have the right side led's placed properly.

I also found time after weeks to finally wash all the sin away and detail it!

image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a white overlay on Ebay for $36 shipped and installed it a few days ago, I moved some led's around to try to get the best lighting... I had to get some red needles and I wasn't feeling the all white overlay so I cut and added the stock black overlay to the top of the cluster.
I almost got the led's exactly how I want them, one more try and I will have the right side led's placed properly.

I also found time after weeks to finally wash all the sin away and detail it!

View attachment 66873 View attachment 66874 View attachment 66875 View attachment 66877 View attachment 66879
I'm kinda liking that white . I wonder if it would work for my 02 Denali. Do you have the EBay link? Your rig's looking awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts