What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Vinci Trucker cam, dual valve springs and hardened pushrods today. That completes the parts list for my cam and valve train upgrade. After that I'll have to get a new tune from BB and a smaller pulley from Whipple.

img_6651-jpg.82919
Omg ya basterd. Im so jealous. Excited to see how this works for you.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T
Previous best on a similar (mostly freeway) trip was 16.8 mpg.
That was before adding the air dam extension, but I would think the lowering (3/5") would be responsible for most of the improvement.
Thats pretty good for highway on these big old rigs. My esky is saying 12.5 ish now, but its mostly around town driving getting the kids to school and stuff.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have not been on here in awhile... Lost my job... Boo. So ive been busy doing side jobs and looking for permanent work. Plus the infant and travel softball has kept me busy.

Did get a few minutes to trim the rear bumpstops (way too tall on the platinum esky) and add a cabin filter today though.

Ride is better already. Honestly the platinum escalade should have the free travel mod stock i think. It sits a few inches shorter in the rear then the non z71 suburban. About the same as my spring trimmed denali, and yet they all run the same rear bump stop.... Stupid.

View attachment 82935

View attachment 82936

View attachment 82937
Sorry that happened dude.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg ya basterd. Im so jealous. Excited to see how this works for you.
Since it's been awhile since you've been on, did you miss my blower install? Now THAT was fun. Also, sorry to hear about the job but sometimes something better comes about that wouldn't if you were still at the same job, so I'm hoping this works out better for you in the long run.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's been awhile since you've been on, did you miss my blower install? Now THAT was fun. Also, sorry to hear about the job but sometimes something better comes about that wouldn't if you were still at the same job, so I'm hoping this works out better for you in the long run.
Didnt get a chance to read through it all yet!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure it will. Id been considering looking for a new employer for awhile. I can make similar money on the side, its irregular work though and no insurance is not a good thing.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not been on here in awhile... Lost my job... Boo. So ive been busy doing side jobs and looking for permanent work. Plus the infant and travel softball has kept me busy.

Did get a few minutes to trim the rear bumpstops (way too tall on the platinum esky) and add a cabin filter today though.

Ride is better already. Honestly the platinum escalade should have the free travel mod stock i think. It sits a few inches shorter in the rear then the non z71 suburban. About the same as my spring trimmed denali, and yet they all run the same rear bump stop.... Stupid.

View attachment 82935

View attachment 82936

View attachment 82937
Sorry to hear about your job bud... that blows..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx