What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Max...wasnt sure which one it was...but yea, I guess it is the OD...cuz its smaller

You think that does anything for power? or is it just a new shiny piece under my hood?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Spins the alt faster thus increasing output, helps quite a bit since you have the bigger stock alternator. I didn't notice a drop in power when my efans kicked on but I did 1/0 wiring throughout the truck, yellowtop, and keep my gains nice and low.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked the date code on my tires: Feb 09.

Checked tire pressures all the way around, they were still the same as when I bought the wheels. I was running them at near max sidewall pressure, 44.5 rear and 42.5 front.

Now that I am sure they are 100% ok, I decided to drop them to near 'door card' pressure. (35 psi)

Dropped the pressures down to 37.5 front and 40 rear, and it rides so much smoother. I no longer feel every imperfection in the pavement.

Once the tires are fully Cold I will double check the pressures and see if there is room to go a little lower.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I swapped nitrogen into my tires when I did the 265/50 and it maintains a much closer static pressure, used to vary quite a bit.

Reaction score
Just drove the kon today but did get an air regulator for my compresser, and tested it out on my xbox. Its now Orange and Black. Just testing so hopefully I can paint my dash.

Just finished. Aside from the paint leaking through the tape. Looks good. Just need a bigger tank and im gonna paint my dash.

vpyycl.jpg

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
drove it to school? lol
I'm loving the fact I actually have shocks now

chris how did you install your OD pulley?
I had Rob at DC Power send me a smaller pulley because I wanted better at idle performance from my alt but I don't have an impact to get the nut off..

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Alternator is reverse thread, I just used a big ass breaker bar and held the pulley with the belt loose. I'd like to get a bigger alternator at some point but the truck is fine for the moment, not even sure if I'll hook up the big ass kinetik 2400 I have as it doesn't fit under the hood and I'm uncertain if I want to lose the space under the rear seat. Sigh.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Alternator is reverse thread, I just used a big ass breaker bar and held the pulley with the belt loose. I'd like to get a bigger alternator at some point but the truck is fine for the moment, not even sure if I'll hook up the big ass kinetik 2400 I have as it doesn't fit under the hood and I'm uncertain if I want to lose the space under the rear seat. Sigh.

it fits ;)
thats so weird, so right is loose and left is tighten

I should be getting close to 230 amps at idle when I swap pulleys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts