What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t shine up too bad I think if it was professionally cleaned and ceramic coated it would look amazing and would be very easy to keep clean for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by ceramic coated? For paint? Man I thought I knew a thing or 2 about cleaning a damn car but you guys are making me second guess myself and I've been into cars since I was a kid haha

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by ceramic coated? For paint? Man I thought I knew a thing or 2 about cleaning a damn car but you guys are making me second guess myself and I've been into cars since I was a kid haha

Watch this
it’s not cheap but if you figure out the cost of cleaning it or getting it detailed over the course of how long the ceramic coating lasts (some are a few years I’ve seen as long as 7) it’s worth the extra cost

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or wrap the whole truck a matte black would look sick imo

I wonder how much that would be. I figured if I painted it myself in my driveway including materials it'll probably cost between 800 to 1000. I feel like a full wrap would cost twice that if not more

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much that would be. I figured if I painted it myself in my driveway including materials it'll probably cost between 800 to 1000. I feel like a full wrap would cost twice that if not more

If you could wrap it yourself you’d save some money up here having a shop do it runs around $2500ish

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's cloudy areas like when you wet sand and don't buff out the clear..... All over the place. I want to do what @Sevenevez did and paint my truck at home. I just wanna repaint it black tho

your paint doesnt look too bad. just surface stuff. any dents or dings? That oxidized clear coat on the roof and hood will actually sand smooth pretty easily.

I use a Griot's random orbital for polishing. It's almost foolproof. Had it for years.

https://www.autogeek.net/new-griots-polisher.html

Swirls ...

Before:

g70.jpg

After

g71.jpg

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch this
it’s not cheap but if you figure out the cost of cleaning it or getting it detailed over the course of how long the ceramic coating lasts (some are a few years I’ve seen as long as 7) it’s worth the extra cost
Adam's Polishes makes a product like that

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fog lights i ordered came in faster then i thought, aka today, i needed hardware to mount em with, so pulled off a speed nut that was left, pep boys of all places had new ones. 8 bucks later speed nuts washers and bolts. got em installed, only had to jump in the truck and warm my hands 3 times, not to bad lol

they need to be aimed when it gets dark, looks way better then nothing in the holes thats for sure. step one in appearance improvements.

003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHow