What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your paint doesnt look too bad. just surface stuff. any dents or dings? That oxidized clear coat on the roof and hood will actually sand smooth pretty easily.

I use a Griot's random orbital for polishing. It's almost foolproof. Had it for years.

https://www.autogeek.net/new-griots-polisher.html

Swirls ...

Before:

g70.jpg

After

g71.jpg

Amazing! Wanna come to northern Virginia and give me a hand???

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit. Just finished doing the starter. It may sound like an easy job but when it's 15 degrees outside it's miserable. I'm not doing that again. Also I'm pretty sure it was a good call. The old starter rattles when you shake it the new one is solid. The old one sounds like something broke off inside of it

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy shit. Just finished doing the starter. It may sound like an easy job but when it's 15 degrees outside it's miserable. I'm not doing that again. Also I'm pretty sure it was a good call. The old starter rattles when you shake it the new one is solid. The old one sounds like something broke off inside of it

That's exactly why my big ass is staying inside until next week! We're supposed to have lows dipping into the -20* range over the next few days, a little further north (Watertown, NY) they are calling for lows potentially below -30*.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why my big ass is staying inside until next week! We're supposed to have lows dipping into the -20* range over the next few days, a little further north (Watertown, NY) they are calling for lows potentially below -30*.

Yea man ideally I would have waited but more and more frequently I was getting a no start situation where I would turn the key and nothing. I got sick of leaving work spending 10 min to get it started so I bit the bullet and did it today

Hopefully tomorrow is warmer it's gonna be more LEDs and fixing the front adjuster for the driver seat

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea man ideally I would have waited but more and more frequently I was getting a no start situation where I would turn the key and nothing. I got sick of leaving work spending 10 min to get it started so I bit the bullet and did it today

Hopefully tomorrow is warmer it's gonna be more LEDs and fixing the front adjuster for the driver seat
The harbor freight DA is perfect, many of us on the detail forums use it. Plenty of reviews out there. You're going to want to get a better 5" backing pad but that's like $10 on Amazon.

Duragloss ceramic coat is as good as any, but don't apply it in temps under 70*F, https://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-envrioshield-coating-system.html

As far as vinyl goes, to wrap the hood and roof you'd be looking at $150 in supplies and your time.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harbor freight DA is perfect, many of us on the detail forums use it. Plenty of reviews out there. You're going to want to get a better 5" backing pad but that's like $10 on Amazon.

Duragloss ceramic coat is as good as any, but don't apply it in temps under 70*F, https://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-envrioshield-coating-system.html

As far as vinyl goes, to wrap the hood and roof you'd be looking at $150 in supplies and your time.

Thanks for the info! You don't by any chance have a good link to source for a vinyl wrap do you? I have no idea what's good or what I should stay away from. And is it possible to get a sheet big enough that there's no seam?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow thanks. I didn't think it was that affordable. I can get a 5'x10' piece of matte black for under $100 Then I would just need some squeegies and anything else to install it. I have applied vinyl and stickers before so I'm not worried about doing it in fact it looks fun. This may be a fun summer experiment

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ive got that hf da. Works for me! Try regreaeing the gearbox if its noisey too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin