What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much plug and play on stock 17s.

Of note, if you're like me and hate clip on weights, use the thin sticky weights. Not the thick(heavy) ones. I have maybe 2mm of clearance between my wheel weights and caliper. They rub the slightest bit on hard turns.
The clearance between the wheel and your caliper should not ever change even under hard turns.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed the dreaded door rust on the drivers rear. Also did the passenger rear and liftgate along the seams while I was at it.

Before :

View attachment 226152

Sanded/cleaned up:

View attachment 226153

After:

View attachment 226154

Tailgate shot for good measure :

View attachment 226155

We'll see how it all holds up. Hopefully I caught it in time.
That looks surprisingly good for rustoleum. Well done.

I need to do something similar on my rcsb roof. Paint is gone got some surface rust. To hold it over until I'm ready to properly paint it. You make me feel like it might not look horrible.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
The clearance between the wheel and your caliper should not ever change even under hard turns.
Not significantly. But the system isn't perfectly rigid. Can run into issues when you're pushing limits.

If you have access to a laser alignment rack you can play with it. Get to see real time how much change there is even though it's something you may not pick up on with your naked eye

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about your options for the steering box, but personally, I’d avoid Delco “PRO” products if at all possible. They’re junk.

Never had a problem with the Professional line of AC Delco. Any brand will have duds.

Well $924 for reman AC Delco reman at dealership.. or $398 at rock Auto AC Delco reman . There all reman steering gears so all aperson can do is guess and cross the fingers. [emoji106] And get a warrentty. Less you know a steering gear rebuilder.
But with 175,000 on steer gear is it worth a rebuild .
And new seals proved its still leaking to.. it's just that war out. After 120,000 miles your living on barrowed time when comes to a steering gear. [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

At 265,000 miles, mine was toast and was becoming dangerous to drive. Slop and stiff steering, i wasn't gong to even bother with doing the sector gear adjustment.

I went with the Reman AC Delco Professional on Amazon for $350. Get my $200 core charge back when I return.

What a PITA, but thank God for Pneumatic tools, I used about all of mine, Impact, ratchet, Chisel. Damn road salt and rust!!!! I couldn't imagine doing this with hand tools only.

The pressure line flare nut got rounded since it was so rusted to the gear, even when using the 18mm line wrench, so I had to drive 40 min one way to get a new pressure line.

I found it easy to access with removing the front way bar. Almost forgot to take the pitman arm seal off the old one. The pitman/Ilder/Idler bracket are less than a year old, (ACDeclo Professional). I cannot believe how easy it is to turn now. I didn't realize how hard it had gotten to turn the steering wheel. It rides sooo much better with much less slop, but i noticed some play in the lower intermediate steering shaft u-joint when I had it apart.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Traded my 05 Tahoe for an 06 Sierra Denali. Since I bought my 09 Tahoe L9H 2 years ago, I haven't driven the 05 hoe much (no real reason to). Since I will be buying a house next year, figured a truck will be much more useful than having 2 Tahoe's. However, I didn't want just any old truck, lol
Once I clean it up, I'll post more pics.

IMG_20170714_060900.jpg 20190705_192008.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Traded my 05 Tahoe for an 06 Sierra Denali. Since I bought my 09 Tahoe L9H 2 years ago, I haven't driven the 05 hoe much (no real reason to). Since I will be buying a house next year, figured a truck will be much more useful than having 2 Tahoe's. However, I didn't want just any old truck, lol
Once I clean it up, I'll post more pics.

View attachment 226199 View attachment 226200
Nice. How many miles on the Sierra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou