What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I put on a new sticker inspection and I was told that hid lights are illegal in tx but they aren't then I had to go back home and plug up my high beam that I forgot to plug up when it went out. Then I had to go back and wasn't about to get the sticker bu then o told them I had projector headlights n then they let me get it. They told me that when I got them I should have gotten a card that says that they are legal. What are they talking about?

TahoeMan13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put on a new sticker inspection and I was told that hid lights are illegal in tx but they aren't then I had to go back home and plug up my high beam that I forgot to plug up when it went out. Then I had to go back and wasn't about to get the sticker bu then o told them I had projector headlights n then they let me get it. They told me that when I got them I should have gotten a card that says that they are legal. What are they talking about?

I've never heard of any ******** like that...a legal card??? :wtf:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea I was like WTF? I was thinking just print the tx code for headlights. But there's like a card that looks like a credit card that u use in case u get pulled over by the cops

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only certain watts are illegal in texas. This coming from a state trooper. (my friend) if i remember right, anything above 8k is illegal. technically b/c its not a white, as like lexus/infiniti etc. But saw mine, 10k, but dont think they are and said i was fine, i shouldnt have a problem, they arent bllinding, but said if a cop wanted to be a dick, i could get a ticket. i think basically if yours are blue or stand out and bother folks you will get bothered, but for a inspection place to say something ot you is crazy. But one place wouldnt pass my moms car b/c 1 lug nut had came off. i wanted to slap them, but yet they will pass cars that smoke like freight trains, w/ broke tail lights and all.

But on topic... Switched out escalade glass for another painted one, for free.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea my lites are 6000 I think or less and I'm like WTF they look white to me.

bankswood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont fret too much. its highly possible. and with firestone always trying to upsale, i'd be willing to bet they checked the other tires at least visually glancing at them to try to see if they could sell you a few more 20 dollar repairs. also, the piece of the plug hanging out is not too uncommon for people to fail to trim it off. its supposed to be cut off but theres alot of places ive seen that don't and it will just wear off after several miles of driving. no harm. it should have been patched though and not just plugged IMO. next time go straight to discount....they always do them for free and patch and not just a simple plug. if u see how easy a plug is you'd never pay 20 bucks to have another one done.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

where? i put ours in the gap between the liftgate and the bumper...can only see it if u hunker down and look for it...but works perfectly.

As for Discount Tire they are the nicest people I have dealt with. First time I went there it was due to screw in a tire. They fixed no charge. so some time later I decided to get my tires rotated and I went back to give them my business. They rotated the tires and they decided to balance them also. Again no charge. Guess where I buy all my tires now.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Well today i drove on the highway back to school and got off and all of a sudden truck doesnt want to go and im like wtf so i try to switch shifts but no good so then i have to push it to a parkinglot. After i get out of school i hop in and try to see i it works. It does but for a short time. When i switched into reverse it just reved but no go so now im at home tryng to figure out wtf is up with the transmission or something else. I got under it but everything looks good. Any suggestions. I just got a transmission for this truck too:(

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I think you burned out your clutches so hard that debris maybe clogging filter. I suspect the low-reverse is most likely I could not say why for sure but I would think something is wrong with friction material, it was not pre-soaked before install or the pack was not shimmed correctly. No choice but a tear down for internal inspection.:imo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian