What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just makes bleeding much faster and easier. Them tiny bubbles are much easier to get out than the entire volume of the caliper and hose. When you do one side, fluid will start to flow into it and fill it up while you do the other side. Fluid goes down, air goes up. Yeah, you could just leave the bleeder screw loose or out and periodically check on it if it takes you a while to do the other side. Personally, I'd rather just not get the air in there in the first place.
But you have to push all the fluid you just put in the caliper and hose because there’s air behind them so it’s a waste. You have to push the entire line of fluid/ air out. If the bubbles went to the front and that’s all you had to push out, bleeding would be done in a flash but you have to push the whole line of fluid and bubbles combined. I have never heard of any brake manufacturer instructing installers to do this.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do those first few pumps, what little bit of air that is in the line goes into the caliper and immediately goes to the top and out of the bleeder. The air isn't like a single car in a train- it doesn't stay in one place behind X amount of fluid and can't leave until the fluid ahead of it (all that new fluid) is pushed out. Once it makes it that short distance through the hose and into the cavity in the caliper, it's going up.

Now, if you were flushing all the old fluid out the system from the reservoir to the back, then you'd put the new fluid in the reservoir, open the bleeder(s) and let the old fluid fill the caliper(s) on it's own.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you do those first few pumps, what little bit of air that is in the line goes into the caliper and immediately goes to the top and out of the bleeder. The air isn't like a single car in a train- it doesn't stay in one place behind X amount of fluid and can't leave until the fluid ahead of it (all that new fluid) is pushed out. Once it makes it that short distance through the hose and into the cavity in the caliper, it's going up.

Now, if you were flushing all the old fluid out the system from the reservoir to the back, then you'd put the new fluid in the reservoir, open the bleeder(s) and let the old fluid fill the caliper(s) on it's own.
Yeah I don’t think you’re making enough of a difference to be worth it. I’ll do it my way, it’s much less messy and less stressful trying to hurry up before fluid drains back out lol. I use the Motive bleeder and it just takes a second if I’m not bleeding the whole system anyway.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Yes. This is what i did for the rear. New Prestone DOT 4 cheap on Amazon for a case of 6, 12oz bottles. Here's a sample of what I took out. Roughly 36 oz. between the 2 rear wheels. Gross.

20200913_102637.jpg 20200913_102922.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every time ive done a caliper or line change, most of the fluid just leaks out. i just keep topping off the master as im working so im not re bleeding the master as well. and you get a fluid flush.

i tend to be working alone a lot, so i made a one man bleeder, super simple, cost like nothing to build, just need some clear tubing that fits the bleeder nipple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin