What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just use 1/4 of a small microfiber cloth folded carefully into quarters again so it’s super small and use the folded edge at the edge of the plastic so I can cut a fine line next to the glass or paint and I put a small amount on the rag at a time.

I guess you could also use some flat plastic tools like bondo spatulas, insert one between the trim and glass or just hold it to the edge of the trim. Kind of like when you’re painting and use a trim tool instead of tape.
View attachment 257418

Both great suggestions. Nicely done!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Fill them calipers and flex lines with fluid before you hook 'em up!

What's the benefit? Even if there's a tiny bubble where it connects, you're going to have to push it all out when you bleed anyways, right?

In my case, I'm doing my best to flush to "clean" fluid. I pulled more than a quart out of the rears.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the benefit? Even if there's a tiny bubble where it connects, you're going to have to push it all out when you bleed anyways, right?

In my case, I'm doing my best to flush to "clean" fluid. I pulled more than a quart out of the rears.

It just makes bleeding much faster and easier. Them tiny bubbles are much easier to get out than the entire volume of the caliper and hose. When you do one side, fluid will start to flow into it and fill it up while you do the other side. Fluid goes down, air goes up. Yeah, you could just leave the bleeder screw loose or out and periodically check on it if it takes you a while to do the other side. Personally, I'd rather just not get the air in there in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin