What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DurrtyBurB

Reaction score
Replaced the front seat cover. Seat pan edges is sharp AF. Color is way off though but I guess it’s to be expected since they are 16 year old seats and thousands of farts later. That may contribute to the color change

Attachments

• BAED0188-0C15-47A0-A8D2-C98C6AB10DF4.jpeg
    BAED0188-0C15-47A0-A8D2-C98C6AB10DF4.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 6
  • A9CCA362-BF2C-4D0E-A65C-2B02E2CB3415.jpeg
    A9CCA362-BF2C-4D0E-A65C-2B02E2CB3415.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 6

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Replaced the front seat cover. Seat pan edges is sharp AF. Color is way off though but I guess it’s to be expected since they are 16 year old seats and thousands of farts later. That may contribute to the color change
Is it a pewter cover on the right?

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could swear i just seen a vid somewhere about pulling the abs fuse then re bleed.

then ive also seen vids where you need a good scanner to set the abs module to bleed its self pretty much.
Im gonna put the back wheels back on in the morning, then solder the cut abs wire and hope that is wasn't cut purposely or anything. Then take it to have this guys with a scan tool look at it. Hopefully his shit does the autobleed, because I'm hoping that's the problem.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of rear vent appliques off a 2002 Esky for $25, they are going on my 04 XL. He also has the rear glass and third brake light, said he'll pull it for me this week and I can have it for $40.

While bullshitting with the guy, he said he does a LOT of GM tear downs / strip downs, says he comes across a bunch of oddities, like the 1500HD trucks with the 8-lug hubs, that the whole front end will bolt right place of the 6-lug components (1/2 ton frames and mounts are different than the 3/4 and 1 tons). He walked me through his garage, he has Esky gauge clusters, seats, consoles... and even a complete drivetrain out of a PPV 06 Tahoe, from wiring harness and ignition through to the complete rear end.

And I picked up a transfer case from him for the 04 Yukon I picked up for my son a few months ago, he gave me that for $100. WITH a guarantee that it would work!
That said Yukon has a 4.8 with only 153k on it, new Cooper Winter tires (less than 3k on them), a pretty much immaculate interior (just needs a headliner), and has a full steel cowl induction hood.
Best part? I got it for $1200.

Now if I can only find a white standard steel hood for his Yukon, the Cowl hood will go on my XL before I paint it. The guy is going to keep his eye out for the hood for me.

In return, I said I would forward his name and number to you guys here, he can make some money and you guys can maybe find something you've been looking for. His name is Mike Dennis, his number is 315-219-7149. He lives near Herkimer, NY. It's about an hour from Albany, and about an hour from Syracuse, right off the NYS Thruway. If you do call, tell him I'm the guy that got the Escalade parts from him, he'll remember.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Picked up a set of rear vent appliques off a 2002 Esky for $25, they are going on my 04 XL. He also has the rear glass and third brake light, said he'll pull it for me this week and I can have it for $40.

While bullshitting with the guy, he said he does a LOT of GM tear downs / strip downs, says he comes across a bunch of oddities, like the 1500HD trucks with the 8-lug hubs, that the whole front end will bolt right place of the 6-lug components (1/2 ton frames and mounts are different than the 3/4 and 1 tons). He walked me through his garage, he has Esky gauge clusters, seats, consoles... and even a complete drivetrain out of a PPV 06 Tahoe, from wiring harness and ignition through to the complete rear end.

And I picked up a transfer case from him for the 04 Yukon I picked up for my son a few months ago, he gave me that for $100. WITH a guarantee that it would work!
That said Yukon has a 4.8 with only 153k on it, new Cooper Winter tires (less than 3k on them), a pretty much immaculate interior (just needs a headliner), and has a full steel cowl induction hood.
Best part? I got it for $1200.

Now if I can only find a white standard steel hood for his Yukon, the Cowl hood will go on my XL before I paint it. The guy is going to keep his eye out for the hood for me.

In return, I said I would forward his name and number to you guys here, he can make some money and you guys can maybe find something you've been looking for. His name is Mike Dennis, his number is 315-219-7149. He lives near Herkimer, NY. It's about an hour from Albany, and about an hour from Syracuse, right off the NYS Thruway. If you do call, tell him I'm the guy that got the Escalade parts from him, he'll remember.
Sux he's so far from me in central Jersey.

ratled

Reaction score
Managed to get the transfer case fluid changed.

So far I completed:

The double din head unit install - with front and rear camera
Air filter and cabin filter
New Cooper AT3 tires
Both diff fluids changed
Transfer case fluid changed

Still on the list is tranny fluid and filter, LOF with new pan gasket (has a little leak), and a radiator flush with new water pump (has a little leak)

I hope everyone has great weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLady