What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chauncey, you know i'm new to this, but why would the output be horrible? did I choose crappy projectors? And what HID's would be best?

The pic I posted is from another member on here who has the exact same ccfl halo projectors. Most aftermarket projectors are made for halogens and not hids. The lens and reflector behind the lens is just not made to handle hid light. If you want good output, you're going to have to do a projector retro. Believe me, I have those ccfl halo projectors also and was going to go hid until I saw the output. I still might but want to do a retro. As far as best hid's- I don't know. Most say DDM, but I've heard lots of bad things about DDM lately. Personally, I went with xentec hids from ebay. Less than $50 and a 2 year warranty. For best useable light, stick with 4300k- 5000k.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chauncey, you know i'm new to this, but why would the output be horrible? did I choose crappy projectors? And what HID's would be best?

They are definitely not the best. I have the same setup with HIDs until I get my new job and get some DEPOs. There are HUGE dark spots in the middle. I will go grab a picture real quick.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Like Chauncey said, the only good way to go is with Retros. Aftermarkets can only be so good.

Inside. Not actually this bright. You can see dark spots everywhere.
Front.
Spots. Pic is blurry due to focus on my hand, but you get the idea. Those spots really do hurt when driving outside of the city.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are definitely not the best. I have the same setup with HIDs until I get my new job and get some DEPOs. There are HUGE dark spots in the middle. I will go grab a picture real quick.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Like Chauncey said, the only good way to go is with Retros. Aftermarkets can only be so good.

Inside. Not actually this bright. You can see dark spots everywhere.
Front.
Spots. Pic is blurry due to focus on my hand, but you get the idea. Those spots really do hurt when driving outside of the city.

ok, got it, going to look into and see what I can do. It may have to wait until spring. Gonna be busy with work full-time and school full-time. So mods will be on hold for a few months.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as best hid's- I don't know. Most say DDM, but I've heard lots of bad things about DDM lately. Personally, I went with xentec hids from ebay. Less than $50 and a 2 year warranty.

i think thats just the nature of the beast. im about to order some and ill prob get some ddms. i looked at the zentecs also, but heard just as many people say bad thing them. it looks like its just a crap shoot either way

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
antenna delete mod with wire running up pillar (ordered the trim piece also)
Smoked the tails until the new leds arrive.

Drove it

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new wheels finally came in. Only have a crappy Iphone pic will get better ones up this weekend.
NewKicks.jpg

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new wheels finally came in. Only have a crappy Iphone pic will get better ones up this weekend.

Yes, definitely looking good. May I say it would look better with in-channel rain guards instead of the stick on ones, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970