What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but that Dorman bearing is crap. I went against all the reviews and bought one because it was cheap and prime. Thing fell a part and spilled bearings all over in less than a week. Put OEM in after and been good for 6 years.

Well, maybe they’ve improved the part in those years so I hope it works out. Easy enough to swap if you have to go in a second time though.
Thanks for the heads up on the Dorman bearing. Their stuff is hit or miss sometimes. I will see if I can find an OEM replacement bearing then. I only bought the steering shaft bearing as preventive maintenance.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Old rims were off 09 Nnbs Denali.

Those texas edition 20s are nice but somehow I prefer the previous ones on your rig.
Haha. I do like both, but just wanted a different look. I got home and cleaned up the tires and wheels from the shop mounting them. One advantage of the new ones is they are so much easier to clean and wipe down with the 5 spoke vs. 8 spoke design!

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same ones I got from my BIL when he got a Silverado several years back....you even did the black center caps, too. I like your style! (I also have an Escalade roof rack and appliques!)
when I saw these wheels for sale locally, i kept searching online for pics of these on an nbs and couldn’t find one. I didn’t realize you had them on your Hoe! I ordered these black center caps and a set of red ones. These came in 1st. With my gmc emblems being red I couldn’t decide which I would like better. We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius