What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whale, shit. I wonder if those aluminum lines are thicker than normal, making the ID too small. Maybe the tool can be modded?
I don't see how the tool can be modded. It's all good. The lines were at minimum 1/16 thick after I cut them, so no way that tool with 1/2 OD was going in. Clamp job working just fine. I did order some nicer stainless steel fuel line clamps to use instead of the regularl worm clamps on now. I had some but not big enough for the 1/2 gates heater hose. BEEN driving it all day and sealing just fine. The heater hose makes a loop near the reservoir and goes back down behind the AC drier.

I used -10AN line clamps to keep them routed nicely.

Attachments

• 20230728_190350.jpg
    20230728_190350.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 13

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Mine are completely burned out--least of my worries right now.
I hear you but I have a spare I started on, pack of white leds and a new soldering station in my tool box. Maybe after I enjoy the new engine a bit more. I may start collecting parts for the NNBS/TBSS swap here too. Behind my wife's back!! Hahaha!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the tool can be modded. It's all good. The lines were at minimum 1/16 thick after I cut them, so no way that tool with 1/2 OD was going in. Clamp job working just fine. I did order some nicer stainless steel fuel line clamps to use instead of the regularl worm clamps on now. I had some but not big enough for the 1/2 gates heater hose. BEEN driving it all day and sealing just fine. The heater hose makes a loop near the reservoir and goes back down behind the AC drier.

I used -10AN line clamps to keep them routed nicely.

Clean job!

Wanna offload that tool? I'm still contemplating dickin' around with mine one day.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean job!

Wanna offload that tool? I'm still contemplating dickin' around with mine one day.
Nah. I just threw it in the tool box. I spend more money on clamps overall then the tool itself. I'm sure I can use it for something as long as I don't forget I have it.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my suspension clunk.

Totally my fault and could have been catastrophic. I'm a dumbass. So, rewind to 2017 when i'm launching the parts cannon to try and fix my steering issues which later turned out to be an upside down centerlink thanks to the clowns at Firestone that did my tie rod ends.

Couldn't get the darn spindle to separate from the lower BJ and every YouTube I saw had someone hitting it with a BFH. I tried and tried, no luck. Apparently, when I was banging on it, I also banged on the top of it and compressed the metal to where the brake line bracket bolt wouldn't screw in. Here's the idiot move - I just sent it. That's right, for 6+ years, that brake line bracket was loose and flopping around.

Fast forward to the last 6 months or so and I have this super odd clunk in the front left.
My mind can only think that if I kept driving like that, the lines could have worn through and I'd have NO BRAKES! Counting my blessings that it didn't happen in the last 6 years. Is Powerball jackpot huge again? Whew.
You’ll have to share a photo or two of that “oops”. It reminds me of when I was out of town and my wife had some brake work done on her previous car. She kept hearing noises and the brakes were “weak” feeling. I pull the tire off and the stealership forgot to use threadlocker on the caliper bracket bolts and the caliper bolts. Some people might say that it’s not needed on the caliper or the bracket, but this was an obvious case where something was needed.

Have you checked to see if your clunk is a steering issue?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basic driveway car wash for my 2001 Yukon. Nothing fancy. Original paint has some dings for sure but this SUV cleans up well even after twenty years.

View attachment 404594
Same color and body as my ‘02. Looks clean. The only difference from the outside is that mine has a chrome grille and a different set of wheels. What’s your current mileage?

New bulb (left, as if you couldn't tell) vs old (well done) bulb:

All the old bulbs and filters. I was surprised that none of the filters had melted to the glass, so I have these as spares now.
View attachment 404944
Looks clean. What was your total damage and how long do you think it took you to replace them?

I’ll be curious to see how hot those new bulbs get. The old ones look like a fire hazard just waiting to burn out or melt the hvac control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel