What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Constant hot is constant hot. It should've worked. Unless, that constant hot wasn't actually a constant hot, like if it was for a trailer brake or the power for an RV plug.

FWIW the "hotel" or trailer aux circuit (to the post under the fusebox cover) in the GMT800 is always hot, as long as the fuse is installed. As is the trailer brake circuit on the other post, for obvious reasons.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW the "hotel" or trailer aux circuit (to the post under the fusebox cover) in the GMT800 is always hot, as long as the fuse is installed. As is the trailer brake circuit on the other post, for obvious reasons.

That's what I was insinuating- that the fuse could've been removed or blown by previous usage.

I've never checked mine. I hope I think to check it if I ever tap it for anything and it doesn't work.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
600 mile round trip down to Houston. When I got there late Friday I noticed my brand new (maybe 100 miles before this trip) KYB Excel-G twin tube shock on the passenger side is making a horrible squeak. Doubting anything I can do will make a difference. Need to see if they have a warranty process as I bought on Amazon.

At least I still have the 6 year old 5100’s I took off laying around as we are headed to a cabin in Broken Bow, Oklahoma on Wednesday.

:sad72::mad:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
600 mile round trip down to Houston. When I got there late Friday I noticed my brand new (maybe 100 miles before this trip) KYB Excel-G twin tube shock on the passenger side is making a horrible squeak. Doubting anything I can do will make a difference. Need to see if they have a warranty process as I bought on Amazon.

At least I still have the 6 year old 5100’s I took off laying around as we are headed to a cabin in Broken Bow, Oklahoma on Wednesday.

I bought a set of Excel G for mine. They were complete garbage imo. I threw them away after a few months.1 of the rear shocks was completely collapsed. Definitely not worth the money spent.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, it wasn’t the shock (front). Retightened the front sway bar bracket, energy poly trans mount, panhard. Greased everything. Still there.

Time for to GoPro. And lube the exhaust hangers.

Only reason I have a poly trans mount is I was chasing a driveline clunk with the parts cannon five years ago. Unfortunately that didn’t solve it and I tossed the OEM. I’m thinking maybe it is prone to squeaks. Definitely vibrates more.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of Excel G for mine. They were complete garbage imo. I threw them away after a few months.1 of the rear shocks was completely collapsed. Definitely not worth the money spent.
I remember your experience with the rears. Thought the fronts might be different. Alas, it wasn’t them but I’ll keep an eye if they get crappy prematurely.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the front brakes and installed a pulley cover thingy.
I cleaned the brake pad holders in my upgraded solvent tank so I shot a couple of pictures of it. Installed a petcock drain, external spin on filter, relocated the spray wand, new pump with brillo pad pre filter and lowered the shelf and bolted it to a carpet dolly so it's on wheels

20231122_110902.jpg
20231122_145153.jpg
20231122_111118.jpg20231122_111125.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did the front brakes and installed a pulley cover thingy.
I cleaned the brake pad holders in my upgraded solvent tank so I shot a couple of pictures of it. Installed a petcock drain, external spin on filter, relocated the spray wand, new pump with brillo pad pre filter and lowered the shelf and bolted it to a carpet dolly so it's on wheels

View attachment 414846
View attachment 414847
View attachment 414848View attachment 414849

Where can one find CITGO filters these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71