What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys using the Bilstein 5100s because the Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades are heavier than the Sierras/Silveradoes? Because Bilstein 4100s are used on some of the trucks? I'm using 5100s on my 2500HD at my builder's advice.
I'm using the 5100s because my torsion bars are cranked and the 5100s have a 2-2.5" lift option. Also it's what I saw recommended multiple places for cranked torsion bars. I had stock length, and 4" lift Ranchos that would limit out on either rebound or compression, so neither was right. These ride so much better, mostly because they are the right length. 5100s are also valved for heavier (bigger) tires than stock.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought a complete steering column with steering wheel and key. It has the factory steering wheel controls. Mine doesn't. It's just an LS model. Would it be better to swap out the entire column in my 03? Would I run into any passkey issues causing it to not start? Or could I get away with doing just the steering wheel--with the controls, along with the correct clockspring? I did get the complete column including the column harness. I'm just interested in getting into the options that it'll give me.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a complete steering column with steering wheel and key. It has the factory steering wheel controls. Mine doesn't. It's just an LS model. Would it be better to swap out the entire column in my 03? Would I run into any passkey issues causing it to not start? Or could I get away with doing just the steering wheel--with the controls, along with the correct clockspring? I did get the complete column including the column harness. I'm just interested in getting into the options that it'll give me.
Is the 'new' steering wheel / controls a similar year as yours? Also similar column?
If so, maybe the harness a close match?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe talk to a truck-body shop? ( ..... Once in a while, I am reminded I am not 30 anymore... )
I was reminded at 33 that I was not 30 any more. I pulled my back so bad it wouldn't move for 2 days, even with muscle relaxers. Bless my wife! She got me a folding chair to act as a walker to get me to my doctor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pleong