What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 7/5 I took my truck in for an alignment. This past weekend I noticed it was still pulling to the right, so I made an appointment to take it back today. After an hour, they said the pitman arm, idler arm, and tie rods (inner and outer) all needed to be replaced to the tune of $1,400 for parts and labor.

I pulled up my maintenance spreadsheet and showed them the tie rods and idler arm had approx 50k miles on them and they shouldn't be bad, but the pitman arm is 10 years old with 125k miles on it. After some back and forth (they were nice about it) we landed on them replacing the pitman arm for $430 out the door, and tonight I replaced the outer tie rod ends which took me about 45 minutes. They will complete the pitman arm replacement and alignment tomorrow.

I remember what a pain in the butt that pitman arm was 10 years ago and will gladly pay someone ~$400 to deal with it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the radiator yesterday. It wasn't leaking but with 242,000 miles it was preventative maintenance. I've got to get some Dex cool today and fill it back up and burp it. First time I've done something like this but youtube is a good resource. You can tell me how to do something but actually seeing it done is better. No pic of that but I did take a pic of the heater t's and they must have been replaced fairly recently. The white one still looks white.
View attachment 432167
Just because the white T fitting still looks white doesn't tell you anything. I replaced mine in 2017 and it's still white. The old one was really brown colored, but it was the original one from 2001. And I know it was the original one, because I bought my truck in early 2006 with only 52k miles on it. I SERIOUSLY doubt it was replaced in the first 50k miles. I did replace it with a Dorman T fitting and not a Genuine GM (AC Delco) fitting, so I'm not sure if that is part of the reason it has not discolored and started turning brown like the OEM T fitting was.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure how to have just the DRLS on at night. But this gives sort of a thought as to how bright they are.
Just wire them up to a switch if you want JUST the DRL's on. If you just want to temporarily turn them on just to see how they look, you can pull the DRL relay, and put in a jumper wire from terminal 30 to terminal 87 in order to force them on.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felt like the front end was falling out of my '04 Yukon for the last year. Replaced wore our Ranchos with Bilstein 5100s. Also added a quart of MMO to the oil a few weeks ago. Lifter tick is is gone now after listening to it for the 5 years I've owned it.20240716_190556.jpg20240717_070837.jpg20240717_070921.jpg

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys using the Bilstein 5100s because the Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades are heavier than the Sierras/Silveradoes? Because Bilstein 4100s are used on some of the trucks? I'm using 5100s on my 2500HD at my builder's advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callea

Latest posts