What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

Reaction score
Did you change it because you were having issues? Mine was so clogged, going uphill, or even a slight incline would make it stall from all the sediment that had accumulated in it.
No issues on this Yukon. I bought this Yukon 2 weeks ago with only 89K miles and it still had the original factory filter. Figured it was about time the filter was changed.... (since the pump has to work harder to push through a restriction...) on my old trucks I have an in-line fuel pressure gauge going to the carburetor so I can always keep an eye on the fuel pressure which is roughly indicative of the health of the filter and pump.... If there is a known mod on the GMT800 vehicles to install a fuel pressure gauge I'd love to install one...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No issues on this Yukon. I bought this Yukon 2 weeks ago with only 89K miles and it still had the original factory filter. Figured it was about time the filter was changed.... (since the pump has to work harder to push through a restriction...) on my old trucks I have an in-line fuel pressure gauge going to the carburetor so I can always keep an eye on the fuel pressure which was roughly indicative of the health of the filter and pump.... If there is a known mod on the GMT800 vehicles to install a fuel pressure gauge I'd love to install one...
I never looked to add one, but I'd think in the line going to the fuel rail, just before the injectors would work fine. Just a guess tho.

viven44

Reaction score
I never looked to add one, but I'd think in the line going to the fuel rail, just before the injectors would work fine. Just a guess tho.

I'll need to check that location...

It may be a tight fit but even the line coming off the regulator may not be a bad place either... but then I worry about leaks so it has to be a good job. The fuel pressure is an order of magnitude higher than what I'm used to !!

2002 may be too old but maybe fuel pressure reading it is recorded somewhere.... may just be a good idea to baseline fuel pressure with the scan tool and keep an eye on it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'll need to check that location...

It may be a tight fit but even the line coming off the regulator may not be a bad place either... but then I worry about leaks so it has to be a good job. The fuel pressure is an order of magnitude higher than what I'm used to !!

2002 may be too old but maybe fuel pressure reading it is recorded somewhere.... may just be a good idea to baseline fuel pressure with the scan tool and keep an eye on it.
I'm not sure about other scanners, but I can see my fuel pressure when I'm using my Tech2 on my 03. What kind of scanner do you have?

viven44

Reaction score
I'm not sure about other scanners, but I can see my fuel pressure when I'm using my Tech2 on my 03. What kind of scanner do you have?
I have a Thinktool Pros (2020 Vintage).. it has a lot of bi-directional capability and module/key programming capability. It usually tracks the capabilities of the OE scan suite closely... good to know Tech2 can see fuel pressure...

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Are you certain of that? I couldn't find a fuel pressure reading on my '04 with the Tech 2, and I don't think my Autel shows it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weaponsoperator