What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't today, but yesterday. I hope that still counts. I traded my 05 Denali XL in. It had 147,000 on it and needed a lot of work. I jumped ship and bought a new Ram 1500 Quad Cab Outdoorsman. I"m 42 and this is my first vehicle that isn't a GM. I still can't believe I bought a Mopar, but it is a damn nice truck.
2012-04-16_12-55-04_280.jpg

05 with 147k? just got broken in!

congrats on the purchase.......but you want from an SUV to a pickup???

2000YukonSLE

Reaction score
Nice truck! It was the opposite for me, i was always Mopar before my Yukon and never had any issues at all! Wasnt a Dodge but i always drove Jeeps, same family.

As far as what i did to my Yukon today, same thing i do every day....Spray wax her down and wipe down all the wheels. Trucks supposed to be white, tired of seeing all that damn yellow pollen.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It wasn't today, but yesterday. I hope that still counts. I traded my 05 Denali XL in. It had 147,000 on it and needed a lot of work. I jumped ship and bought a new Ram 1500 Quad Cab Outdoorsman. I"m 42 and this is my first vehicle that isn't a GM. I still can't believe I bought a Mopar, but it is a damn nice truck.
2012-04-16_12-55-04_280.jpg

I'm not generally a Dodge truck fan, but that's a nice looking one! And I recently was looking at a new one on the showroom floor and you're right, the interiors are very nice.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
It was well past broke in. The tranny was acting up, the A/C compressor was shot, airbag light on, ride control didn't work, tires were bald, and about once every 2 or 3 weeks it wouldn't start. After I bought it I was playing with the radio at the dealer when the salesman went to move the Denali. He got out, I rolled down the window, and he said it was dead. I said just said that's wierd, rolled up the window and hauled ass out of there. The seats are a lot more comfortable. When I was driving on the highway I would start getting stiff and sore after about 1.5 hours. I pulled my Camper with the Ram yesterday for about 4 hours and felt like I could have sat in it all day. I don't think it handled the trailer quite as well as the Denali, but it really pulled better up the hills.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
age wasnt so much as driving habits, and not being used to the way this truck drives, never had this one in any real bad weather, wasnt expecting the rear end to just catch like it did, its such a different reaction compared to what the 96 would have done

but its a turn i've taken a thousand times, and i just made the mistake of hitting the gas harder than i should have, kicked the rear out and spun, none of it was like trying to drift or anything, believe me i dont do that, i may have when i was 16, but not now

and my driving habits are generally quick speed and lane change type stuff, just wasnt expecting it to happen like it did

edit: about 8500$ repairs is the estimate, and thats before a shop looks to see about frame damage

Sounds like she could get totaled out....ouch.....hey live and learn right--done plenty of dumb sh*t when I was younger and had a few of those times where I learned something about how a vehicle reacts....I'm guessing you were in 2WD to get that outta shape. Any ideas of a replacement vehicle if this one gets totaled??

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was well past broke in. The tranny was acting up, the A/C compressor was shot, airbag light on, ride control didn't work, tires were bald, and about once every 2 or 3 weeks it wouldn't start. After I bought it I was playing with the radio at the dealer when the salesman went to move the Denali. He got out, I rolled down the window, and he said it was dead. I said just said that's wierd, rolled up the window and hauled ass out of there. The seats are a lot more comfortable. When I was driving on the highway I would start getting stiff and sore after about 1.5 hours. I pulled my Camper with the Ram yesterday for about 4 hours and felt like I could have sat in it all day. I don't think it handled the trailer quite as well as the Denali, but it really pulled better up the hills.

hahahaha!! NICE!!

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I visited my baby at the holding yard behind the paint and body shop. She is getting new parts. Should get into the shop end the week/first the week depending on parts arrival.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like she could get totaled out....ouch.....hey live and learn right--done plenty of dumb sh*t when I was younger and had a few of those times where I learned something about how a vehicle reacts....I'm guessing you were in 2WD to get that outta shape. Any ideas of a replacement vehicle if this one gets totaled??

yeah, i dont trust driving around in auto4 for some reason, i guess in my head it was just another thing to break as i was driving

and it has to be right on the edge of total loss, if im not mistaken thats like 75% of the value?

and i want another nbs hoe, i'm not looking forward to fixing my stereo system in this one, speakers got all ****** up even worse than they were before when my sub went flying

but i dont even know if i'd have enough for a down payment on another nbs so i'm kinda up ***** creek without a paddle atm but everything happens for a reason, and everything will work out in time, thats the one good thing about me is i stay opptimistic in the worst of it

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the roof rack, filled in the holes with set screws/sealer. Next up, rubbing compound where the old rack sat, then applying body moulding to cover the inserts. Looks much better without the rack IMO.

Mike

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just vacuumed out the denali and also uninstalled my Dim LED mod, thank you Canbus bulbs for solving the problem!!:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy