What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It"ll come right off after a few stops. Didn't go heavy on the coats

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they always say clean your rotors and pad's with brake cleaner and don't get grease on them. I can't imagine paint would be good for them...

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
No he didn't paint the rotors he painted the calipers!!! I was wrong why did he do that???

Last edited:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Picked up my gmt 900 calipers and gave them a coat of caliper black.
image-6.jpg
Rotors as well
image-5.jpg

I talked shit about the upgrade. But I hope they make some type of difference.

You can see in his pics he actually painted whole rotors. Not sure why you painted the face of your rotors. Yes it will come off after a few stops. But could also leave a residue on the pads. May do nothing bad at all, but don't see why you would do that?? A little masking all that's needed.

Otherwise, looks good bro. Can't see why it wouldn't help. Not sure how much you paid, but seems like a good, bang for your buck upgrade.
Would like to do that sometime, think it would help with my other brake upgrades.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
You can see in his pics he actually painted whole rotors. Not sure why you painted the face of your rotors. Yes it will come off after a few stops. But could also leave a residue on the pads. May do nothing bad at all, but don't see why you would do that?? A little masking all that's needed.

Otherwise, looks good bro. Can't see why it wouldn't help. Not sure how much you paid, but seems like a good, bang for your buck upgrade.
Would like to do that sometime, think it would help with my other brake upgrades.

Holy crap Austin no I didn't catch that before. Why in hell would he paint the rotors?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
LMAO, had to do a daaa-ble check. I'd remove it if I were him. Hate to get a hot spot or glazing

Yeah I was tired was just getting done with a 12 hour shift and yesterday during the day Sadie took the babies to get their shots so very pissy kiddos at my house meant no rest!

I sure hope he cleans those rotors off before he mounts them.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done it before on rotors for other vehicles never had a problem like I said didn't spray it thick. When I took the pic I had just sprayed it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925