What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westin Poinset is one of the nicer hotels in town. It chilled with a plat eski, 2 Benz. Some big ass Lexus and a euro sports car out front. Good thing she got a wash and detail this morning.

Yup the brother was like "nope you can park it next to that 550 and it will be their when you finish. And it was. And I'm home at the inlawas

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out both seat heater pads for the denali drivers seat......and still don't get any heat! BIG OL CRAP!!
Thought I had figured it out when I pulled the back rest one and it had a burnt up spot in it, the bottom one looked practically brand new!
Looks like I'll be checking some more stuff out now that I know which plugs are the seat heater ones!

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil change, license plate bulb replacement l.e.d, ground mod on rear washer pump. (pass. side fog still doesnt work).
Billy

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had to spend the Christmas Eve under the tahoe laying on ice and snow cause my control arm relocation bracket bolts seamed to work there way loose. Santa didn't help. Come to find out all 3 bolts on passenger side were gone and 2 on drivers side were also gone.

Last edited:

rpdnali

Reaction score
Finally finished up replacing suspension. 2" bt drop spindles in front, 4" lowering springs in rear (with spacer for 3" drop), bt shocks all around, front and rear DJM sway bars, new moog ball joints, new moog outer tie rod ends....think that's about it. Gonna wait and see how it settles out and may remove spacer. Now have to get an alignment and the resistors to stop the code.

Thanks to Tony for getting the parts to me and for helping out with questions!

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cleaned the insides out of the headlights using denatured alcohol and DI water. stupid things had hazed over inside

of course didn't get all the water out unfortunately, so blew a DRL in 1 side, and a blinker in the other. $13 later and now I have all working bulbs and re-dried the heads

much brighter light now though with the haze gone
Yeah the kit I bought was for the suburban, ESV etc.. so I have left overs.. kit included dome, maps, doors, vanity, plate, reverse and puddles.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

got a link to that?

I'd like to brighten up the insides a bit

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cleaned the insides out of the headlights using denatured alcohol and DI water. stupid things had hazed over inside

of course didn't get all the water out unfortunately, so blew a DRL in 1 side, and a blinker in the other. $13 later and now I have all working bulbs and re-dried the heads

much brighter light now though with the haze gone

got a link to that?

I'd like to brighten up the insides a bit
x2 Ive heard it's pretty easy to do the headlamp lenses, but the DTR/turn portion seems glued together....

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
super easy to clean the haze out...not so much to get all the water out. I had to use a blowdryer for 10-15 minutes each headlight.

I can't believe GM/Caddy made such a convoluted headlight! WTH is with that design?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Well I had to spend the Christmas Eve under the tahoe laying on ice and snow cause my control arm relocation bracket bolts seamed to work there way loose. Santa didn't help. Come to find out all 3 bolts on passenger side were gone and 2 on drivers side were also gone.

That sucks Boozer. Good thing the one side didn't fall off, that would have sucked. Crazy the bolts fell completely out. Glad to hear you caught it before something happened. I almost had the same thing happen 2 months ago. Even with nylon lock bolts, they managed to come loose and started making all kinds of noise. Used some locktite on them, hopefully solves the problem.
I was thinking about writing a thread letting others know to possibly look out for that. But really didn't think anyone else would have the same problem, just me. Lol, some reason they must like to work loose.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinted the amber section of my headlights but I don't think I like it. I need to give it a few days and decide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968