What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Found out what the nasty clank is that's coming from the rear...a rusted out rear swaybar link.

Sent from Tapatalk

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Rear ended a stupid Ford with a bid ass ranch hand rear bumper... Needless to say, nothing happened to his truck. Messed up my bumper though. On the bright side, that HD front end might become a reality now!!! :-D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed esky rack this week! Nerf bar next week. Interested to see how that will look.

As it sits:

20140610_163347_zps1f6f0cee.jpg

20140610_170131_zpsd871b1d3.jpg

20140611_194322_zpsb0ba39d9.jpg.html

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled my front seats out so I could get some accurate dimensions for my new console. After that fired up the table saw and started cutting some wood. Figure I'll build the sub portion first. Then work on the arm rest, cup holder, and cubby hole as a separate piece.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear ended a stupid Ford with a bid ass ranch hand rear bumper... Needless to say, nothing happened to his truck. Messed up my bumper though. On the bright side, that HD front end might become a reality now!!! :-D

Sorry to hear that, but at least the hd front is a plus.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took off Oil Catch Can - Hose was pinched / put factory hose back on

Chased wires trying to find out why Drivers side lights went out.

Then check this:
fusesmall_zpscbeed9f5.gif

Lights still worked up to about 2 weeks ago. No sign at all this was going on.

Any ideas why the HID relay harness would melt the fuse completely?

Dang! I've seen alot of stuff melt up in my day but never a fuse melted that bad! Maybe a malfunctioning ballast since the other side is fine? Maybe your truck felt bad for my boat this weekend, should have seen my pos and neg going to my fuel pump on my boat! YIKES!! ahahah

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did it get pinched somewhere? Maybe a short also??

I pulled the whole harness out and nothing appears to be pinched or mashed, nothing. Not real sure whats going on w/ it. Put another fuse and keeping an eye out on it every day now.

Lights being on too long maybe? Thought the point of the relay was to prevent this issue.

Not sure how long would be? no trips or anything. That is exactly what I thought about the relay and the fuse. Oddly it still showed 12v to the plug ends. Kind of scary. Could of got a new truck, but not the way i wanted to.

Dang! I've seen alot of stuff melt up in my day but never a fuse melted that bad! Maybe a malfunctioning ballast since the other side is fine? Maybe your truck felt bad for my boat this weekend, should have seen my pos and neg going to my fuel pump on my boat! YIKES!! ahahah

Was going to send you the pic, but your a busy man now. Ballast I assume are good, not sure how one would check. I mean they come on fine, no odd noises or anything. And they are not DDM or any cheap ones, they are Morimotos from TRS.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike we both almost got new trucks, would of sucked.

Been fixing and chasing down burnt wires that almost caught my truck on fire. NOT COOL. Burnt 3 wires completely and melted a few others. From inside to the engine bay fuse block all replaced new.
8C7E9EAD-A59F-4C4C-9279-D608C2D8A26B_zpsewb86ay7.jpg
A35D89F0-1CE3-47F3-A95C-D2E0347B8FFE_zps9lxtynnq.jpg

Needless to say my led tails are on the back burner until she's button upped and all work fine.

Billy

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike we both almost got new trucks, would of sucked.

Billy

You did not even cross my mind when I saw it melted. Your ju ju.. (however you spell it) was passed on to my truck. ha ha ha...

Glad you got it all fixed though. Hope mine does not do it again. Asked mechanic today and he said he really is not sure what caused it.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang Mike, that's one melted fuse haha. Simple cause though. Bad or loose connection where the fuse meets the contacts of the holder. Sadly enough I have fixed worse lol. While your replacing the fuse holder replace the relay as well. I have heard problems with previous generations TRS relays.

Billy, dear god dude lol. That looks like a hell of a mess. Did you find a rat? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts