What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Was going to send you the pic, but your a busy man now. Ballast I assume are good, not sure how one would check. I mean they come on fine, no odd noises or anything. And they are not DDM or any cheap ones, they are Morimotos from TRS.

Should have sent me a pic, I love that crap! I assume you have a fuse for the drivers and passenger side, and if so swap ballasts from side to side and see if the problem follows to the other fuse! Might be an internal short circuit (maybe).

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy, dear god dude lol. That looks like a hell of a mess. Did you find a rat? Lol

Just read this, ha ha.. I thought the same thing.

Should have sent me a pic, I love that crap! I assume you have a fuse for the drivers and passenger side, and if so swap ballasts from side to side and see if the problem follows to the other fuse! Might be an internal short circuit (maybe).

Yes, 2 relay harnesses, 1 left side 1 right side. Think we / I have nailed it down to cheap fuses they come with and bad connection at the fuse holder.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed LED strip lighting under hood.
Its mounted under the firewall ledge and along the hood.

7E265AFC-95D9-4F1C-970C-B16074DB8F5A_zpsyx2y1bkq.jpg

Great idea, have been wanting to do the same but haven't ordered what I need to get it done! After seeing those pics, I'm gonna have to get to gettin!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looms great. I had been tossing that idea around for a while as well. Let us know how the adhesive holds up in the engine bay please

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Finally finished my Bose Premium to LUX upgrade. Had rewired the connectors at the amp months ago and yesterday I logged into TIS and using the Tech2, I was able to reprogram my UC6 headunit for Y91. It was pretty easy. Now I have sounds again. The LUX amp definitely bumps up the system a bit from the premium amp. I had read conflicting info from many sites saying my headunit could NOT be reprogrammed for the Y91 system. Well they were wrong. I can tell you that it is possible.

Now knowing everything is working, I'm going to use a CRUX interface to install my Kenwood Double-Din headunit.

Last edited:

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love those lights.. definitely wouldn't mind adding that to mine.

I screwed up attempting to plastidip my door handles... so now I'm using goo gone to get rid of it =\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus