What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to buff some light scrapes out of the driver side rear fender flare because some butthole bumped it at the grocery store. Luckily most of it came out. I always try to park at the back of the parking lot but decide to park next to a new white silverado. I figure if you drive a nice truck you are more likely to pay attention when backing out of a parking spot. Guess I was wrong.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I picked my tahoe up a few weeks ago the only thing damaged was the driver side mirror, glass was busted and the folding hinge was busted. I went on rockauto.com and grabbed a mirror, found a place online that mixed me a 12oz can of copper metallic and clear coat.

mirr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mir2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

It would be nice if someone offered these already painted, I found one on ebay for 170.00 but it was scratched up and the way this paint flip flops i wasn't sure what color the mirror was.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked my tahoe up a few weeks ago the only thing damaged was the driver side mirror, glass was busted and the folding hinge was busted. I went on rockauto.com and grabbed a mirror, found a place online that mixed me a 12oz can of copper metallic and clear coat.

mirr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mir2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

It would be nice if someone offered these already painted, I found one on ebay for 170.00 but it was scratched up and the way this paint flip flops i wasn't sure what color the mirror was.

That looks great. How did the color match your truck? I've been curious to how much the factory paint may fade/change over the years.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great. How did the color match your truck? I've been curious to how much the factory paint may fade/change over the years.

I haven't put it on yet, the truck is in the shop for a complete motor rebuild, I will get pics once I install it.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 98% sure they will total it. Unfortuneatly they just aren't worth much, and most Ins Co's don't look at the big picture with all of the mods and hard work. They see a 04 Tahoe with about 5k in damages.

Last edited:

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 98% sure they will total it. Unfortuneatly they just aren't worth much, and most Ins Co's don't look at the big picture with all of the mods and hard work. They see a 04 Tahoe with about 5k in damages.

And hundreds of thousands of miles :p People see those numbers and run.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

[/COLOR]It would be nice if someone offered these already painted, I found one on ebay for 170.00 but it was scratched up and the way this paint flip flops i wasn't sure what color the mirror was.

Looks good. I thought about trying something like that with the rear vent shades. Just filling and smoothing with body filler and hitting it with some color matched spray can paint like you used.

Mike

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
taking to have the insurance look over the hail damage estimate and hoping to get it fixed soon. Repair shop says they are looking at 5000-5500 dollars, maybe 6000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925