What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope all this quoting works... Here is the way to do fogs on with lows.

And that thread starts out with how to do the 6 high. Which is high beams, low beams, and fog lights. Gives great visibility!!
Thanks for the write up. I will be do I g this soon.

As for what I accomplished this weekend .....
I have been buying stereo components over the last couple weeks since I installed my double din DVD player in the dash I bought from Tahoewhat.

The plan was to attempt a craigslist special budget build. First I came across a deal on 2 Pioneer Champion series subs already in a ported box. The seller was able to prove function without issue so I bought them. I ten started researching and decided I wanted a mono amp. Again I found a great deal on craigslist( hard to believe I know) I just wanted the Memphis 1000.1 amp but, included in the deal came another box which was much nicer. So I swapped my speakers over into the better box. Now the only thing I bought new was a capacitor and a well new but returned to eBay raptor 0/1awg wire kit at a great reduced price due to it being a opened returned item. I don't have alot of pics just yet but here is one of the subs in the box. Everything is hooked up and thumping hard. I need to do the big 3 and upgrade my alternator but, I'm pretty happy so far.
6u9yjebe.jpg

2003 Tahoe LT loaded!! 3" body lift Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/18..

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Put new plastic 1/4 inch lines to my Airlift bags instead of the rubber lines. Still flexible, just got sick of the hose slipping off the nipple!
"Opps, did I say that"?

SUBLETTKUSTOMZ

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend selling Truck so swapped my SS wheels to this:

(excuse the cheezy photo edits)

20140713_195606_zpsfyh8x9r7.gif

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped in my latest insurance card to my owners manual and forgot I had my original window sticker...crazy how expensive they were even back in 06'......
Just thought I'd share...I guess prices for the 15's aren't that far off....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 47

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped in my latest insurance card to my owners manual and forgot I had my original window sticker...crazy how expensive they were even back in 06'......
Just thought I'd share...I guess prices for the 15's aren't that far off....

Wow $57k even in 2006... That's a lot of money. I was looking at the new body style '15's and cheapest one I could find was 67k... 10k more. I guess with inflation that isn't too bad for 8-9 years later.

Timpala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I kept having recurring "bubble gum man" light and "SERVICE AIR BAG" warnings so I got on Amazon and took care of business. Put in a pair of these, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AA2FAY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 today and the problem is solved.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

The liftgate actuator had gone bad just before my wife took the Yukon on a long trip. It scared the crap out of her every time she put the vehicle in park and it unlocked the doors.

This little gem from Amazon that I installed on Saturday took care of the problem. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPL10WQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I probably could have disassembled it and fixed whatever was hung up inside but it was easier to just replace the whole unit.

Remove the upper and lower liftgate trim, one screw, three cables and you can swap out the unit.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow $57k even in 2006... That's a lot of money. I was looking at the new body style '15's and cheapest one I could find was 67k... 10k more. I guess with inflation that isn't too bad for 8-9 years later.

Which means it IS as it WAS, ......... Too darn expensive for a GM SUV!!!

BrooklynMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Depo headlights yesterday. They look really nice...but shake like crazy which I'm not too thrilled about. Not sure if I'm gonna do the foosball mod or what.

My Speed Grille came in...will probably throw that on this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968