What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never? I used to go a few times each summer but it’s been a few years. I need to go again but around here you need to reserve a spot a year in advance.
My wife and in laws never went camping, my family were desert lake campers since my dad loves fishing. I prefer forest camping due to how flipping hot it is in Phoenix. It has been years since I have gone, the wife is uninterested which means solo op with 2 kids ages 4 and under.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and in laws never went camping, my family were desert lake campers since my dad loves fishing. I prefer forest camping due to how flipping hot it is in Phoenix. It has been years since I have gone, the wife is uninterested which means solo op with 2 kids ages 4 and under.
Exact same boat here except kids in teens... Love the forest camping for sure.... SHADE!!!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got spoiled with the camping options here. We have Cascade Mountains forest with all the lakes and rivers, high desert East of those mountains with some nice lakes and rivers out there in the sagebrush country, and the pacific Ocean to the West and only a couple hours to any of these. The rivers are mostly whitewater with great rafting and the lakes are great for fishing for trout and such. But I agree, my favorite has always been camping in the forest, ideally right on a nice cold lake perfect for swimming. Throw out the blowies and relax.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man camping was always so much fun. best get away you can get. when i was a kid we had a camper that you backed the pick up truck under strapped it down and off you went, had a shower, crapper, kitchen, slept 4 easy. all we ever did was shower and sleep in it, as we went to a camp ground 20 minutes from the jersey shore. so everything revolved around the water, beach days, crabbing days, do nothing days. then there was the cross country trip we took, NJ to CA. camped the whole way there and back. took the north to ca, and the south on the way back. then of course ive been camping as an adult, always went for lake side camp grounds so fishing and drinking all day long, pass out in a tent with a blow up mattress. then once i had a 24 ft boat, we find camp grounds with larger lakes that we could take the boat out on. and rent a slip for the week.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 year old and 1.5 year old. There are definitely some challenges there. Bring friends or other family. Shoot we took my now 5 year old camping when he was 6 weeks old and brought his 2 stepsisters who were about 10 and stepbrother who was 13 and his 2 buddies for a long weekend on the lake with no running water in 100+*. That I don't recommend.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man camping was always so much fun. best get away you can get. when i was a kid we had a camper that you backed the pick up truck under strapped it down and off you went, had a shower, crapper, kitchen, slept 4 easy. all we ever did was shower and sleep in it, as we went to a camp ground 20 minutes from the jersey shore. so everything revolved around the water, beach days, crabbing days, do nothing days. then there was the cross country trip we took, NJ to CA. camped the whole way there and back. took the north to ca, and the south on the way back. then of course ive been camping as an adult, always went for lake side camp grounds so fishing and drinking all day long, pass out in a tent with a blow up mattress. then once i had a 24 ft boat, we find camp grounds with larger lakes that we could take the boat out on. and rent a slip for the week.
I grew up with a boat so we always lake camped. Usually loaded up the boat and just found a nice secluded beach somewhere and set up camp. Occasionally rented houseboats. That was a blast.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never? I used to go a few times each summer but it’s been a few years. I need to go again but around here you need to reserve a spot a year in advance.
There’s a lot of places you can go in the National forests. No reservations required, also no improvements. Gotta be comfortable digging a hole.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing some washing and detailing on The Beast todaysnd putting all my tools away when I realized I was missing a stick LED flashlight. Hmmm. Looked all around the house and garage. Nada. Looked in the engine bay. Nope, didn’t see it. Put it up in jack stands and climbed under and had a look. Nothing. I have been working in every single area of my truck in the last week looking at grounds and wiring harnesses so it could have been anywhere. I had another look under the hood, thinking maybe it was behind an inner fender well which I had off. And there it was, disguising itself as a hose. See it in the first pic? B1DB8F47-7E3C-45C9-9650-5112D8359026.jpegD024CCFF-DB1E-4EFF-96D7-37060CF53508.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO