What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new rear brakes. Calipers, rotors and pads. Going to have the emergency brake assembly done next week and front pads. Doing a big refurbish on her.
Milestone this morning:

View attachment 404353
Mine hits 326k and I had the cluster rebuilt shortly after dumping nearly $3k in chassis last year. With the latest engine project, I don't feel one bit bad when my cluster came back with 100k miles. I enjoy this truck too much to let it go. Im on the "budget long gone" phase and will just continue to fix and modify it.

Maintenance and repairs add up quickly, even on basic maintenance these days.

Aquamania001

Reaction score
Mine hits 326k and I had the cluster rebuilt shortly after dumping nearly $3k in chassis last year. With the latest engine project, I don't feel one bit bad when my cluster came back with 100k miles. I enjoy this truck too much to let it go. Im on the "budget long gone" phase and will just continue to fix and modify it.

Maintenance and repairs add up quickly, even on basic maintenance these days.
That is great! Yeah I am with you. I am keeping my truck forever. It is like a labor of love. Plus I get a kick out of fixing it up. I will be doing some body work next year. I want all the mechanics done first.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is great! Yeah I am with you. I am keeping my truck forever. It is like a labor of love. Plus I get a kick out of fixing it up. I will be doing some body work next year. I want all the mechanics done first.
I have a piggy bank going labeled "trans fund" as the current 4l65e needs attention to match the engine rebuild.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for my headers to have damaged the aluminum heater tubes??? Seems like I have a minor coolant leak coming from there. I just checked the Ts up top and it's dry in that area but if I move the aluminum tubes I can see coolant dripping

Attachments

• 20230720_202047.jpg
    20230720_202047.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 7

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for my headers to have damaged the aluminum heater tubes??? Seems like I have a minor coolant leak coming from there. I just checked the Ts up top and it's dry in that area but if I move the aluminum tubes I can see coolant dripping
WELL I just confirmed the headers did in fact melt the aluminum heater tubes to the point where they have a curved spot conforming to the header tube. It's now developed a pin hole leak causing a coolant leak at one of the spot touching the manifolds. I'm torn between hitting it with some JB cold weld or buying this super muggy alloy1 repair kit to fix the pin hole. Secondly I will have to move the lines away from the headers to keep them from contacting. Any thoughts or suggestions??? I should have known better than to let them keep resting on the manifolds. I'm trying to keep from buying/replacing the entire heater tube assembly. Maybe even a section of rubber heater hose....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230722_092426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_092426_Chrome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230722_095131_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_095131_Chrome.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1