What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the tensioner seized up. Fairly common issue, happened to my 03 too.
So I ordered a tensioner and belt. Today I finally got to it, and that's exactly what happened. One of the ball bearings got out and wedged itself on the pulley. The pulley had a melted segment of rubber on it.

New GM Genuine replacement tensioner and Gates belt. AC is back to normal.

Thanks for your info.

Attachments

• IMG_20240601_162235684.jpg
    IMG_20240601_162235684.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 5

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I ordered a tensioner and belt. Today I finally got to it, and that's exactly what happened. One of the ball bearings got out and wedged itself on the pulley. The pulley had a melted segment of rubber on it.

New GM Genuine replacement tensioner and Gates belt. AC is back to normal.

Thanks for your info.
That's what we're here for my friend. Love this forum, and I like to contribute useful info when I can--and non useful bs:p

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owner lost a ton on that deal. Only made 13k and that is not subtracting the storage and insurance fees for the last 19 years. If he would have invested that money even at a measly 5% growth he would have more than doubled his investment.
1717767025935.png

Steamrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently changed the covers on my seats (pre joining the forum or else I'd ask first). Had to remove them from the car and disconnect all the wiring. After putting them back on, the "service airbag" light came on and the obd reader doesn't clear it (unless I don't know how to use it) is there a cheat code for this light to be turned off? Up up down, switch ignition on, two left signals, type of a remedy?

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently changed the covers on my seats (pre joining the forum or else I'd ask first). Had to remove them from the car and disconnect all the wiring. After putting them back on, the "service airbag" light came on and the obd reader doesn't clear it (unless I don't know how to use it) is there a cheat code for this light to be turned off? Up up down, switch ignition on, two left signals, type of a remedy?
I had someone replace my seat cover and after install I had that light on. It ended up being the bright yellow (If I remember) connector wasn't connected well enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimboG

Latest posts