What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was prompted to update my windshield wiper arms after a few recent posts. A few years ago I picked up a couple that I got off a Upull Suburban, 2001 I think it was. [ @Sam Harris remember that trip? ] They've been sitting in the garage and I forget about them until it's time to clear snow off the windshield, then it's too late to make it happen, so the recent reminders were good. The problem with the OE ones for my year is that, when cleaning or washing the windshield, I can't pull them up from the windshield more than 4 or 5 inches, and they won't "rest" in any position off the windshield.

I sanded and painted them earlier this week and installed them yesterday. Here's the difference between the older style and the new (2004 GM OE new on top; note the large hump that stops the arm from being able to get far above the windshield. I'm not sure why GM thought this would be a good design change). I can't tell if the hump is solid and could be ground down, or if that would leave a hole. Other than that hump, there's no difference between the two years. Both arms had two squirters on the DS and only one on the passenger side.

Now I'll be able to pull the wiper arms up off the windshield and they'll stay. A small win, but a very functional win.
View attachment 431345
Cool. I was used to folding the wiper arms on my 99 Silverado when washing it to brush the windshield. When I bought my 06 Suburban the first time I tried doing the same, I almost broken the arms off. I couldn't figure out why they would go to that design.

I think do the same and find some earlier arms and retrofit them in. Mine need to be painted anyways.

bgiff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two uber cheap upgrades from junkyard on my 2001 sub:

1. I installed 2nd batery tray from a duramax equipped truck and another starting/backup battery-bolt on easy peasy.

2. I snagged two factory roof rack crossbars and added them to my rack for additional support.

Steamrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First very long drive since I bought her after upgrading exterior lighting.

I know it may not be the look everyone loves, but i absolutely love this Tahoe. She looks damn good for having nearly 250K! View attachment 430657
Looks great! Do you have night pics, or* other pics as to how just the LED strip lights look?

Last edited:

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Also, got HP Tuners today. Bought 2 credits and firmed up the shifts and upped the shift points so i don’t have the early 2-3 shift at wide open throttle anymore.

Drives even better, didn’t know that was possible. Then gave her a nice wash. Need to start thinking about repairing the paint soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 4

Bocephous

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the radiator yesterday. It wasn't leaking but with 242,000 miles it was preventative maintenance. I've got to get some Dex cool today and fill it back up and burp it. First time I've done something like this but youtube is a good resource. You can tell me how to do something but actually seeing it done is better. No pic of that but I did take a pic of the heater t's and they must have been replaced fairly recently. The white one still looks white.
20240707_175520.jpg

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past Saturday/Sunday I bought a set of 275/65R20 Michelin Defenders with about 50-60% tread left. I picked up these wheels (used) on Sunday:
View attachment 429065
Monday I had the tires mounted to the rims and the whole lot balanced, and Tuesday I delivered them to the gentleman modifying my 2500HD.

I'm still looking for center caps for the above, for less than $50 each!!! No luck so far. I'm also looking at clones, but even they are still $50 each. And I need one, 2 would be better, and a full set would be preferred. I only got three caps with the rims, one of which does not have a center section, and none of which did I get the bolts to hold them in.

I also asked him to look at the horrible job that had been on my daughter's Sierra; the passenger side door just does not fit the cab correctly. We've had it back to the body shop three times. :mad: So now I need to find a shop to actually do it right.
I found these toward the first of June. Had a sample shipped to my builder, and they fit!!!

Moto Metal Wheels MO479L214GBO MO 497L214 Gloss Black Center Cap

1720471209060.png
Wheel.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon_doitttt