What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Drove it this morning, started in "reduced engine power mode." So I stopped, reset the codes with my scanner, and drove on like nothing was broken. Funniest "repair" I've ever made.
When my 03 did it constantly--before I finally fixed it--I had a cheap dedicated scanner constantly plugged into the obd. I'd have it ready to clear the code as soon as it would pop up. Worked every time--and it would come back every time. Real PITA--nevermind it being dangerous and happening at the worst time.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my 03 did it constantly--before I finally fixed it--I had a cheap dedicated scanner constantly plugged into the obd. I'd have it ready to clear the code as soon as it would pop up. Worked every time--and it would come back every time. Real PITA--nevermind it being dangerous and happening at the worst time.
Yikes! So how DID you fix the issue?

I wonder if @S33k3r has thought of, or even have the option to just do a drive by cable swap? Just thinking out loud here?

Edit: here's a diy tutorial: https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...onics-wiring-161/how-too-dbw-dbc-swap-549983/

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yikes! So how DID you fix the issue?

I wonder if @S33k3r has thought of, or even have the option to just do a drive by cable swap? Just thinking out loud here?

Edit: here's a diy tutorial: https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...onics-wiring-161/how-too-dbw-dbc-swap-549983/
1st a replaced the plug for the tb. They're a known issue for having the copper wires breaking inside the insulation. That fixed it for awhile. Then it started again. This time it was the ground on the ds below the running board. I cleaned it up and it's been good for a few years now. I bet I just jinxed myself now....

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil change with full synthetic 5W-30 and a new ChampXL oil filter...currently at 80K miles...

I've settled on 5K miles for oil changes and thus far it does not appear my 6.0 uses any oil between changes with the oil appearing to be a light, iced tea color when time for an oil change...this 6.0 seems to be running very well for me over my first 15 months of ownership...

Bill

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
1st a replaced the plug for the tb. They're a known issue for having the copper wires breaking inside the insulation. That fixed it for awhile. Then it started again. This time it was the ground on the ds below the running board. I cleaned it up and it's been good for a few years now. I bet I just jinxed myself now....
What is ds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1