What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

Reaction score
These are all the modules I can see. Under engine data there was misfire, fuel trim, EVAP, I/M readiness data streams none of which showed fuel pressure (or engine oil pressure which I was interested to find).

87BD9B62-954C-488B-A307-C1FA9C3535AE.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are all the modules I can see. Under engine data there was misfire, fuel trim, EVAP, I/M readiness data streams none of which showed fuel pressure (or engine oil pressure which I was interested to find).

View attachment 439315
that must be a low end scanner if it cant show you ENGINE data, all you are looking at there is topology
dig a little deeper in "powertrain"

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I challenge anyone to find a working fuel pressure PID in a GMT800. ;)

No FPCM in one of these.

viven44

Reaction score
that must be a low end scanner if it cant show you ENGINE data, all you are looking at there is topology
dig a little deeper in "powertrain"

Yes I was just showing the topology to show what modules exists. There is no FPCM.

If I go into the powertrain module, I can look at livestream data for probably 500+ parameters (all under various sub-categories like fuel trim, evap, misfire, etc)... which I have already done. I just can't see anything on fuel pressure or oil pressure...

It is probably a mid-end scan tool. I have programmed ABS modules, and other similar modules for 2010 vintage vehicles. Programmed keys for vehicles up to 2016 year model (it can probably handle all functions up to 2020 year model). I can tell already it won't recognize our 2024 Suburban, so I was disappointed. Probably need to pay for a software update.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I was just showing the topology to show what modules exists. There is no FPCM.

If I go into the powertrain module, I can look at livestream data for probably 500+ parameters... which I have already done. I just can't see anything on fuel pressure or fuel trim.

It is probably a mid-end scan tool. I have programmed ABS modules, and other similar modules for 2010 vintage vehicles. Programmed keys for vehicles up to 2016 year model (it can probably handle all functions up to 2020 year model). I can tell already it won't recognize our 2024 Suburban, so I was disappointed. Probably need to pay for a software update.

It's not the scan tool. GMT800s don't have an active fuel pressure PID. Gotta measure it at the fuel rail with a gauge.

viven44

Reaction score
It's not the scan tool. GMT800s don't have an active fuel pressure PID. Gotta measure it at the fuel rail with a gauge.

Yep! I sort of guessed that as I was tracing the fuel lines later yesterday. Of the little bit I saw (line from tank, to pressure regulator, out from regulator, I was hoping to find a pressure gauge of some kind.... was basically looking for wires to/from..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71