What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

Reaction score
I removed the ABS module Sunday (didn't disconnect battery ---- my bad.. didn't even unlock vehicle). I made sure the vehicle was locked afterwards. Came back today battery was completely dead.... not even enough juice to start with a portable jump starter. Not even enough juice to check CCAs. On thursday or so I checked the CCAs, had about 750 or so left.... the battery was only 2 weeks old at that point.... any thoughts on whether the security or something was on overdrive since it was looking for a module ?

Swapped new battery in... Charging voltage appears to be 13.9V.... with AC running around ~13.4V.... any reason to suspect alternator here ?

On my non-smart carbureted old trucks, I'm used to seeing about 14.5V while the engine is running... any good threads to read on what a good charging voltage on GMT800 is ?

Needless to say I have the battery disconnected now until my module arrives from repair... (I've understood I could even drive the vehicle without the module but I didn't want to so its been sitting)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun