What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viven44

Reaction score
I removed the ABS module Sunday (didn't disconnect battery ---- my bad.. didn't even unlock vehicle). I made sure the vehicle was locked afterwards. Came back today battery was completely dead.... not even enough juice to start with a portable jump starter. Not even enough juice to check CCAs. On thursday or so I checked the CCAs, had about 750 or so left.... the battery was only 2 weeks old at that point.... any thoughts on whether the security or something was on overdrive since it was looking for a module ?

Swapped new battery in... Charging voltage appears to be 13.9V.... with AC running around ~13.4V.... any reason to suspect alternator here ?

On my non-smart carbureted old trucks, I'm used to seeing about 14.5V while the engine is running... any good threads to read on what a good charging voltage on GMT800 is ?

Needless to say I have the battery disconnected now until my module arrives from repair... (I've understood I could even drive the vehicle without the module but I didn't want to so its been sitting)

Last edited:

viven44

Reaction score
Installed the ABS module that came back from the eBay service (rapid_electronics). For $79 it was excellent service. 24 hour turnaround!! Mailed on Monday received back Friday.

Nice to not have ABS and brake light glaring at you !

I may have a battery discharge problem maybe from malfunctioning door sensors or ignition lock cylinder (potentially), I’ll open a separate thread on this…

953B5ADE-F4F0-49E4-A0D4-55637F7341B3.jpeg

Last edited:

project_x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the NNBS front brake upgrade.
I bought coated Raybestos Element3 rotors and pads.
I got lucky with my local wrecker had calipers that looked like they were put on the day the car was wrecked....

Went super smooth and they work great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaser97